New Air Con controls

Skatman

Reaction score
Hi all, a friend and I have ordered S4 Avants, due for delivery end of Feb/Beginning of March. We've recently discovered that Audi have changed their Air Conditioning control unit on all models of the A4 and it looks, well, crap.

I've uploaded a photo to indicate what I mean, but basically the temperature is no longer inside the gauge and instead looks like its been scraped from the Skoda parts bin of yesteryear.

Be happy for a bit of clarification if anyone has any?

Attachments

• IMG-20180204-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20180204-WA0010.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 404
Reactions: SimonAshley
If you have your order code you should be able to find out.
Login to your Audi
https://www.audi.co.uk/account/dashboard.html#/order/

Then use this link:
https://www.audi.co.uk/myaudi-public-api/services/v1/orders/######
The #### is your order number

Copy the text shown to here:
(Just makes it easier to read)
http://jsonprettyprint.net

Should see in this display the air conditioning with a link to an image of the controller to be installed, mine is displayed like this:
{
"subParentLabel": "Air conditioning",
"productId": "MHKA9AQ",
"name": "Deluxe 3-zone electronic climate control",
"imageUrl": "http://mediaservice.audi.com/media/cdb/data/c2416f38-d0ef-40fb-89a6-5a7d16a1ed87.jpg",
"imageWidth": "259",
"imageHeight": "120",
"displayable": true,
"standard": false
},

Configurator, equipment, comfort, is still showing the deluxe 3 zone as standard with the digital readout.

Reactions: Daggerit
They’ve also changed the steering wheel to the other side... must be MY18 :footy:

Joking aside, it’s just a generic image showing the interior of another market car.

Reactions: RaZ A4 and Skatman
The MMI screen is showing the S4 logo whereas the VC display just shows A4, therefore this doesn’t look right and probably just a made up render of a dashboard?

Reactions: Jsmills
The MMI screen is showing the S4 logo whereas the VC display just shows A4, therefore this doesn’t look right and probably just a made up render of a dashboard?

That is sharp looking for an early Monday morning.... you must have had too much sleep :icon thumright:

Reactions: Skatman
That's standard A/C controls, not climate, not sure but I think no UK spec cars come without CC..

I have that that image attached to my build . Just checked the audi build page and it looks like that is the new layout. Which looks terrible in my opinion hope I am wrong

It's not a new layout,

Agreed. And if the OP takes a look at the different interior angles in the configurator you can actually see that the AC setup is different in each of them, so I imagine it's just something wrong with what the configurator is displaying just now...

Thanks for the info chaps. I'm nipping into an Audi garage in about 15/20 mins to get absolute clarification, I'll post the response here. My initial thought was that it was a rendering issue on the car configurator, I couldn't believe that Audi would ditch that lovely temperature selector for that.

I'll post an update when I've confirmed.

Thanks for the info chaps. I'm nipping into an Audi garage in about 15/20 mins to get absolute clarification, I'll post the response here. My initial thought was that it was a rendering issue on the car configurator, I couldn't believe that Audi would ditch that lovely temperature selector for that.

I'll post an update when I've confirmed.

You won't need any clarification at all as that render view is inherited from some EU specs where 3 zone climate control isn't a standard fit, but all UK cars irrespective of SE, Sport, S-Line, Black Edition etc come with 3 zone as standard and will ALL have the 3 zone controls, so 2 chrome edged rotary wheels either side and the chrome up and down touch sensitive toggle switches.

Reactions: Skatman and Daggerit
You only have to look in the uk brochure to verify all uk A4's come with the 3-way climate. The configurator is known for having hiccups...

Reactions: Daggerit
Cool, cheers for the info guys. I've been in and they've confirmed it's just a rendering issue.

Panic over!

Reactions: m4ward, cuke2u and Redders81