1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New A6 Avant 2.7TDI; ride issues

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by Ricvifarho, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Ricvifarho

Ricvifarho Rattle and squeak detector

[Sep 28, 2005]
    My Avant 2.7TDI on standard suspension with 16" wheels is still a very firm ride on the back lanes of Aberdeenshire. The new Koni FSD dampers look a possible solution. Has anyone tried these yet on this or any Audi??
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. gizze

gizze Member

[Sep 29, 2005]
    Is it a firm ride or does it crash over bumps?
  4. Ricvifarho

Ricvifarho Rattle and squeak detector

[Sep 29, 2005]
    It is 'restless' on ripples, undulations and normal road bumps- somewhat spoils the otherwise smooth power delivery from the impressive V6. Admittedly it doesn't roll much though!
  5. gizze

gizze Member

[Oct 1, 2005]
    I found this on the SE I borrowed, far more so than my 2004 A6 sport avant but not as bad as the 2002 se a4 avant I had.

So I bet putting new shocks and springs on would be a massive improvement.
  6. Herald

Herald New Member

[Oct 2, 2005]
    Worth checking that the car has actually had the transport blocks removed! Rare but it does happen and that makes the ride terrible as almost no suspension! Discuss it with the dealer and ask them to check (bearing in mind that 99.9% they have done it properly).
  7. huggis

huggis New Member

[Apr 7, 2008]
    hi, I'm in the same position, unhappy with the ride of my A6 Avant around Aberdeen! Did you ever resolve the issue? Aberdeen Audi agree with the issue but seem at a loss to help.