1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New A4 (B5) Owner

dhracer Aug 24, 2010

1. dhracer

dhracer New Member

I picked up my '98 a4 1.8T last night and stumbled accross the forum today. Just wanted to say hi really. It's silver with a little under 81k on the clocks, in stunning condition inside & out very pleased with the purchase :happy:

No real plans to mod the car other than de-badging the grille, lower it a smidge, fit window tints & some nice wheels.

I'm pretty sure the thermostat's knackered as the car runs too cold, is it worth changing the temp sender as well or just wait & see if a new thermostat sorts it (if worth changing at the same time is 423440010 the correct bosch part number?) I was planning on ordering the bits off euro car parts...

Cheers,
    Rob

2. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid Moderator

Hiya Rob and welcome to the forum.

Car sounds good, any pics????

Good mods planned!

3. dhracer

dhracer New Member

'fraid not yet :blush: there are some terrible ones on the ebay ad here but I'll get some decent ones up this weekend :thumbsup:

4. L1 HCS

L1 HCS Active Member

:sign_welcome:

5. scott b

scott b Active Member VCDS Map User

6. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

Change the CTS first as its the easy/cheaper part. If it does not sort-it then fresh antifreeze and new thermostat is the way to go.

7. CHRIS555

CHRIS555 DOPE with added OCD