New A4 Avant owner

Padz

Reaction score

Hello, i posted in the welcome section but no response lol. I have just got an a4 avant 3.0 quattro in a sphere blue colour? not sure on it and havent seen many in this colour - be interested to see some modded examples.
What are the recommended service items i should be doing? Its had a timing belt at 60k and a recent service (mileage is 85k)
but when i dip the dipstick its as if hardly any oil comes up, what oil is recommended for topping up? again i have looked it the manual and it says 'VW 502 00' which i think castrol 5w 40 will cover, can anyone confirm?
Finally how do i go about hooking up an ipod to my audi chorus tape player?

Many thanks!​

Welcome to A4 ownership.

The paint code should be on the data sticker in the wheel well/maintenance book etc.

Oil's should have VW spec on the back I think?

Easiest way for an ipod is to buy the correct cable and plus it into the back of the HU.

Welcome to A4 ownership.
Thanks, my 3rd audi now :D
The paint code should be on the data sticker in the wheel well/maintenance book etc. I cannot see it anywhere, ill ask at audi, its like a silvery blue, not keen on it but it might grow on me once i get the bumpers coded.

Oil's should have VW spec on the back I think? Yeah they do i got some castrol for topping up.

Easiest way for an ipod is to buy the correct cable and plus it into the back of the HU.
Any idea which cable this is? ebay is a minefield just looking for someone who has done the conversion and what they used etc.

Hi and welcome, you can buy a genuine Audi ipod adaptor part # 8EO 051 444, but they are very expensive and very limited in their function, basicaly it just shows your whole ipod as a playlist, personaly i would rip the lot out convert to double din and either instal a rnse or aftermarket unit,:thumbsup:

Excuse my ignorance but what is rnse? Also it doesnt look like a double din will fit where my epic tape player currently sits?

RNSE is the big Screen Nav unit.

Excuse my ignorance but what is rnse? Also it doesnt look like a double din will fit where my epic tape player currently sits?
RNS-E is an acronym for Radio Navigation System and the E is the latest version.

I paid about £40 for a Connects2 wiring kit off E-Bay. Easy to install into the cd changer port on back of head unit. Make sure you get the right one though. Note that mine just provides phono connection and does not charge/power. Aftersales were pretty good from the seller too....'incarkits' .....not sure if they're still selling but might be worth a search. Good luck

Thanks mate! ill check it out now!