New A4 Avant 2.0TDie owner looking for upgrade/mod advice

linners

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm moving over from A6 Avant ownership to the little brother version :)

Will be picking the car up on Friday 16th January and will be looking at making a few changes from the word go but would like the benefit of your collective wisdom :D

1) The car comes with 16" wheels so will bin those in favour of some 18"s. Am I right in assuming they are 245 40 18 tyres? Also, if I go for reps instead of OEMs, what offset do I need to look for? And the stud pattern???

2) I'd also like to lower the car (not slammed!!) - I'm looking at 15-25mm. Any recommended makes of springs?

3) Being a 140BHP model, I'd like to remap to ~170BHP as seems the normal stage 1 move. Again, any local recommendations? I'm in the Enfield area - anywhere within 1 hours drive would give me a good drive back to test the improvement ;)

Will also look for a full leather interior replacement in the not too distant future

Will also get in touch with your resident guru, Trups, for more tinkering advice

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Looking around online, I've found some wheels which are 8.5J ET29 with 245 40 18 tyres. Would they fit?

They must be off an A5 I'd like to know if they fit as I would like to get 2 for the rear of mine.

I've got my eye on some OEM A4 18" S Lines with cheapo 245 40 tyres in FleaBay at the mo..... will change tyres when they wear but will keep the OEM Audi look by not pimping up with some of the other lovely alloys out there......

Any advice on springs and remap??

Thanks

AMD are quoting £399....

Had my mk1 TT done with them years ago when they were still based in Bicester so I know they are good but not willing to pay that sort of money.... Best keep looking around :(