New A4 aero wiper kit

See necroeire's post 7, He has fitted the Aero's to his card, they are more tidier looking I think.

Well recieved the Aero wipers very promptly, took me 10 minutes to fit.
Pics :)

Before
vbpgimage.php

After
vbpgimage.php

Just need for it to rain now!
Deffinately a improvement though, glad that corroded arm is gone now :)

They do look much better.I tried to take my wipers off to paint the corroded bit but the arms are stuck.Sprayed some WD40 on them last night so hopefully they will free up today.

cnpaterson,I just brought some cheap valeo wipers from a local shop and pulled the rubber out and put them on my wipers.Work fine for now until i get the aero ones.

Yeah the seizing can be a pain, I gentl put a screwdriver underneath and tapped the wiper part with a socket wrench!

Aldo said:
Yeah the seizing can be a pain, I gentl put a screwdriver underneath and tapped the wiper part with a socket wrench!

Thtas exactly what i did and they came off after a bit of persuading.

I figured if the group buy was going to happen, it would have done by now.

So I've ordered mine today.

It was a good idea to do a group buy but Winter is fast approaching.
They are a 110% improvement :)

jdp1962 said:
I figured if the group buy was going to happen, it would have done by now.

So I've ordered mine today.

You get them fitted yet? :)

The blades don't lift at speed. Also the lack of metal work means they don't carpture and then throw splashes everywhere.

I upgraded a year or so ago with the parts from vagparts. Definately worth it.

Mine arrived today. I got home a bit early from work, as I had a physio appointment this evening, & just had time to fit them before it got dark. They're working fine, but I'll need to adjust the driver's side one at the weekend. It's sitting a fraction too low, and when I try to lift it, it catches on the other one.

Five minute fix for when I'm next home in daylight.

Here are the part numbers for LHD and RHD cars:

FOR LHD DRIVE CARS:
Driver's side Aero wiper arm: 8E1 955 407 C
Passenger side Aero wiper arm: 8E1 955 408 C
Wiper blades (need 2- same p/n for each side): 4B1 955 425 A
Two nuts to secure the arms: N 102 613 02 (not needed but only costs $0.36/ea)
Two caps to cover the nuts: 8Z0 955 205 (not needed but only costs $0.26/ea)

FOR RHD DRIVE CARS - SAME Nut/cap P/N's:
Driver's side Aero wiper arm: 8E2 955 407 C
Passenger side Aero wiper arm: 8E2 955 408 C
Wiper blades (need 2- same p/n for each side): 4B2 955 425 A

dstech said:

FOR LHD DRIVE CARS:

Thanks for posting those part numbers, I think anothe rmember calculated it would cost £20 more to order direct from the dealer!

Just ordered the arms from vagparts today, from reading this they sound fairly easy to fit?

Randomjim said:
Just ordered the arms from vagparts today, from reading this they sound fairly easy to fit?

Yeah easy to fit, remove the nut caps, undo the nut to the arm, and then remove the arms, maybe with a bit of gentle persuasion as they can become seized.

Make sure the wiper arms are alligned up ok and don't hit each other when wiping.

Ok cool thanks for that, do i just use aero wipers the same size as the original ones?

Randomjim said:
Ok cool thanks for that, do i just use aero wipers the same size as the original ones?

Yeah if you ordered the kit it should all come with them :)

Also be careful when installing the new arms. Make sure you install the arms with the blades attached because if the arm hits the windshield with nothing attached to it you can break your windshield. Also if your arm is siezed on the bolt then make sure you don't flex the arm back and forth to much because that can put a lot of stress on the base of the windshield and can also crack the windshield.

Good luck!

What with everyone on here binning their original arms for the aero kit - maybe someone out there could help me out - I'm look for a rear wiper arm to fit my 2000 A6 avant. Not too bothered about the aero look at the moment and thought with everyone here swapping the factory fit arms for the aero kit (looks nice I must admit!), someone must have a spare wiper arm.

Local stealer wants £25 + VAT for a new one!

Anyone help me out here?????

Regards

Mykaloon

Aldo said:
Yeah if you ordered the kit it should all come with them :)

I ordered the arms on there own as i can get the wipers from work cheap.:icon_thumright:

Ok so my aero wiper arms arrived today from vagparts and got some bosch blades to go with them. Took the wiper arms off not problem. Put the new arm on and begin to tighten it up and the shaft snaps on the wiper linkage. :sob: so now i've got a temporary single wiper conversion untill i get my new linkage. Bit dodgy but it wipes most of the screen.

But they do clear the screen better :laugh:

DSC00144.jpg

Randomjim said:
Ok so my aero wiper arms arrived today from vagparts and got some bosch blades to go with them. Took the wiper arms off not problem. Put the new arm on and begin to tighten it up and the shaft snaps on the wiper linkage. :sob: so now i've got a temporary single wiper conversion untill i get my new linkage. Bit dodgy but it wipes most of the screen.

But they do clear the screen better :laugh:

Bad luck, mate. Think how good it'll be when they're both working though.

Yea i know :w00t:
stealership wanted £78 + vat -10%disc,but you can get them from vagparts for £38 + vat and carriage

Oh crap, I received my arms last week, and decided to fit them today. Vagparts have sent me the wrong arms. The arms I got have got a part number starting with 4B, I'm sure they should be 8E?

I have thrown all the packaging out now so I can't check now sorry..

Anyone here have a spare non-aero rear wiper arm to suit my A6 Avant which I managed to break last week ? - local stealer wants £25 for a new wiper arm which I'm loathed to pay but I'll have to in the end if someone can't help me out.....here's hoping......

arthurfuxake said:
You can see the part number stamped on the underside of the arms ie, the side of the arms that face the windscreen.

Will have a gander tomorrow, just went to look it's too dark and no torch to hand!

Mine starts 8E2. Didn't get the last bit, I will deffo get it tomorrow for you!

The part numbers were posted further above in this thread! :)

FOR LHD DRIVE CARS:

Mine arrived today!
Will have to wait till the weekend to fit them though...

Also now had the car cills/bumpers colour coded - looks like Darth Vader !