New A4 2.0 TDI (143 hp)

luis.filipe

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm after this new car.

They have it in stock, and it's also my chance to sell my mercedes A class ( petrol 1.7 l ).

Any information regarding this new Common Rail engine ?
Any issues ?

How about the car ?

The extras on the unit that I might buy:

Xenon Plus
Pack Sport
Cruise Control
And others that I must see the description in English, since they are all in Portuguese and it's difficult to translate it correctly :)

Thanks for your time.

I think it may be too early to know of any issues with the engine as it was only introduced when the B8 came out. However it is based on the old 2.0PD engine which seemed to be pretty reliable.

I'm not sure if the 143 has DPF but there have been issues with it on the PD engines. Not sure if Audi have sorted those out.

Does anyone know if this engine uses a timing belt ?
It the answer to the question is yes, does anyone know when it must
be replaced ?

Thanks for any help.

Pretty certain that the 2.0 uses a belt. Current Audi guidelines are 60k miles or 5 years

Well, that might be somthing that I need to think about.
Around here in Portugal a timing belt replacement is very expensive :keule:

I have been lent one today, it is incredibly sluggish and you are constantly swapping cogs as well because the gears are not long enough.
But my main concern is I can't put the clutch down with a straight leg as I catch the footrest, meaning it is incredibly uncomfortable as you have to twist your body to drive it.

Also I have come from a rear wheel drive BMW and Merc and you just can't pull away quickly without spinning the front wheels and the traction control flashing like mad.
Even coming off a roundabout you can feel the car wobble underneath you at the front, you have to really feather the power.

I'm not sure would would be better, FWD and Multi gearbox or Quattro and live with the gearing??

Are they doing a Quattro with DSG??