1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New A3 Xenon Plus Headlights

h5djr Dec 13, 2006

1. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A3

Having had a look at a new A3 that had just been delivered to my dealers this afternoon, I can confirm that they are now coming through with a 21w normal bulb in the inside position on the headlights to provide Daytime Running Lights.

2. stevec

stevec Member

On the S3 I test drove this had daytime running lights fitted and it took me a while to realise they were off most of the time.
    These are activated by rotating a switch (0-1) that is located in the same space normally reserved for the manual headlight adjustment (0-1-2-3), but which would normally be blank with self leveling zenon headlights as in my current S3.

3. Beddie

Beddie Member

Yep! Bi-Xenons and DRL's on my april '06 S-Line, must have been right on the changeover point from the old 'normal' xenons.. :icon_thumright:

4. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A3

Thanks for that snipit of information, stevec. I have been wondering how they were activated. Obviously it will be possible to run with them off in the UK and on in Austria where they are required by law.

5. Dandle

Dandle Member

I have them on my March 06 A3 too.

6. __DyNaSTY_X_

__DyNaSTY_X_ New Member

I have them on my 2 week old 07 Sportback^^

I live in Austria - so here it's a must by law.

7. RobinA3

RobinA3 Well-Known Member

i am guessing that Bi xenons means that there are 2 xenon units in one headlight yeah?

i have only one unit and also have the DRL switch

8. Dandle

Dandle Member

No it just means the one light does both dipped and full beam by means of a shutter in the light. Single xenon has just a xenon light for dipped beam and a halogen for full beam(the halogen being the inside light unit).

9. RobinA3

RobinA3 Well-Known Member

I just looked at mine and the main and dipped beam are both using the xenon unit.

The DRL uses the other bulb in the middle.

The car is a 11/05 car.