New A3 to debut at Geneva 2013

I think it's actually due to debut at Geneva in March 2012 - but it will be the "2013" model, which means it would probably hit the dealers in the UK in summer 2012.

Personally, my bet was on the Frankfurt show in autumn 2011, for a new A3 in the 2012 model year.

If the Geneva 2012 date is true, then that's another 18 months on the new car market for the current A3. It's still a very attractive car, but boy is that stretching the model cycle! 2003 to 2012 is quite some time...

Yes your right the article does say the Geneva Motor Show next March which would of course be 2012 not 2013.
Personally I'm still hoping it will be the 2011 Frankfurt Motor Show as I will be on holiday in Germany whilst the show is on and intend to make a visit.

Last edited:
Yeah but that drawing isnt exactly inspiring is it, it better be good is all I can say.

Looks like a sciroccovxrmeganefocus type thing......****** strange steering wheel, cant see us all swapping our FB wheels for that... :)

Have to agree, looks like an Audi A3 8P you know, anyone seen one of them yet?

See what i mean about the steering wheel Nige
audi-a3-rend3.jpg

Its going to be good for seeing the clocks but i think roundabouts will be tricky. Nice to see they kept the flat bottom bite though. Dash looks like a 1963 Mk1 cortina. :)

According to an article on the US Autoblog website the next Audi A3 will debut in production form at the 2013 Geneva Motor Show. Audi has released 3 'renderings' show the new car - more like concept drawings than true renderings.

This is the site : Audi previews next-generation A3 hatchback — Autoblog

I believe the 'new A3' is due in the UK in Spring/Summer 2012 but doubt the whole range will be available at first. We were tempted to wait but what the heck the 8P is such a great car we bought another.

The steering wheel cant be just that. Think its cut in the pic so you can see dash etc. Would be to difficult to drive if it was?

It's probably just cut for the pic, but it's strange that theres what looks like a socket as if you can clip the rest of the steering wheel in to place, be a good anti theft device no one can steel your car if there's only a quarter of the steering wheel remaining. Bit of a big key though lol.

people actually think thats what the steering wheel will be like?... ha ha clearly been cut away in the drawing to show the dash...

Can the steering wheel's position be adjusted so that the guidos could put left hand at the 12 oclock position and the right hand at their GF's b00bs? Or the redneck with their left hand at the 12 oclock position and their right arm permanently outside the window, or the guidos in italy driving with one finger on the 6 oclock position while leaned almost all the way back?

Unfortunately LW you need both hands to shift the 20mm long gear stick. Steering is accomplished by gripping the wheel firmly in your teeth and shaking your head :uhm:

Looks like it has the a*rse of the A1 (just bigger!)