1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New A3 Tdi/ Worth additional paint protection.

Ordinary bloke Jan 28, 2010

1. Ordinary bloke

Ordinary bloke New Member

Good lady friend has just bought a new A3 2.0 Tdi Quattro (yesterday). I was going to suggest that she had a proffesional wxing job done from the start to protect the paintwork etc. Would appreciate input from 'experts' as to the benefits/costs/advisability of doing this.
    Many thanks:think:

2. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Active Member

Hi there,

Are there any shots of the A3 that you could share with us? Also, where are you based? This will help pass on a referral if needs be.

It's always a good idea to have the paintwork fully stripped back to remove the embedded contaminants. By this, I mean a full de-tar, clay and cleanse session. This will provide your base for the wax.

Things can be taken a step further with machine polishing though.. Take a read of this report of mine - http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?79227-Audi-S3-(8L)-in-black-Dodo-Juice-Supernatural

Hopefully this answers a few questions?!

Price wise, it depends what you choose to go for. Exterior Protection details can vary from £60 - £295. Depending who it is doing it..

Jim

3. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss