1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New A3 S-Line Turbo Charger Linkage Fault at startup

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by redhotrobbo, Apr 11, 2013.

1. mjcourtney

mjcourtney Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to say that Audi Customer Services know precisely ZERO about any technical issues, and from my experience recently they just go and ask the dealership staff, as its actually them that have access to all the technical bulletins and service manuals etc. It is a very daft setup as you would expect them to be a littlre more clued up on some of the issues.

They seem reluctant to acknowledge there is a widespread problem with the turbo linkage, and are instead chosing to deal with each customer as and when the problem crops up (I guess to avoid widespread bad publicity?). It is hard to tell precisely how many cars are affected by it, as obviously a forum will give you a skewed sample.

Your best point of contact is now with your dealer, once they've witnessed the rattle they will be able to dig out the technical bulletin and get it sorted.

Good luck!
  2. viperfire

viperfire Member

Since mine was first done no further issues
  3. AudiSparks

AudiSparks New Member

I will go and drop off my car on Monday with all this info and if this is my issue which I believe its is reading all these posts, I have saved them loads of investigation...
    Thanks fellow Audi A3 owners !!
  4. AudiSparks

AudiSparks New Member

A3 all sorted now, dealer was upto date on the fault, so part fitted and happy days...:yum:
  5. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

Hi, so is this fixed from the factory on newer 1.4's now?
  6. AudiSparks

AudiSparks New Member

I believe they are only going to apply the fix when it happens. I read this thread after I collected my new A3 (June 13) and then e-mailed Audi UK about this reported fault.
    A few days later they called me and said they were not aware of this fault, though now there is a technical bulletin for all dealers, if this a customer should report a fault of this nature all dealers will or should now the fix.
  7. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

Strange way of doing it, mine is possibly going to be a week 47 saloon and the last thing I'd want to have to do is drive over to the dealership not long after collecting it...
  8. AudiSparks

AudiSparks New Member

I would mention this issue before collecting it !!
    It only seems to come to light when its run in, I have done 1200 miles, it seem to be between 500-1000 miles.
    This is I believe is the Audi Tech Bulletin ID: TPI2033013/4
  9. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

Ok thanks for the heads up...
  10. Askook

Askook New Member

11. lou15p

lou15p New Member

Hi all,

My 63 plate 14 TFSI has the exact same issue, took it in today for a new tyre (don't ask) and mentioned this issue and the service department said straightaway that they knew about it already and to get it booked in. Unfortunately they don't have any courtesy cars available until 02/07 so booked in for then.

Will post an update once they have carried out the work.