1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW A3! Preproduction preview!! PICS!!

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by a6_chris, May 17, 2012.

1. rOb_A

rOb_A Active Member

:iagree:
  2. A3_Black_Edition

A3_Black_Edition Member

I like the front of the blue one, looks lovely! Not so sure of the inside but no doubt it will grow on me....

Cheers,
    Si
  3. James.Asbri

James.Asbri Vorsprung Durch Technik

That does look lovely, it is Scuba right? Also think it's the Sport, quite like the front end although I'm sure the S Line will be that little bit better.

I'll put good money on N8 NOT putting that steering wheel in the A3.... Correct me if I'm wrong haha
  4. Warbey

Warbey New Member

Few screenies from a video of the S-Line for those that haven't seen it...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

the S3 is gonna look the muts
  6. JNP

JNP Member

The blue sport version (if it is a sport?) seems to have a smoother front bumper with less detial than the red sline one? I think I prefer it. The only wheels I like so far are the 18's from the external styling pack I saw in the brochure, love the sline spoiler though, looks a bit like the RS one.
  7. StevenH

StevenH New Member

The red S-Line version above has a flat botton steering weel. Usually the flat bottom wheel is only avilable on the back edition. In the picture above it is also left hand drive. Will the flat bottom wheel be available on the S-Line model in the UK?
  8. Warbey

Warbey New Member

As far as I'm aware the S-Line does come with a flat bottomed steering wheel, although I've only seen the 1.8TFSI quattro S-Line get tested, so I can't say a 1.6TDI S-Line will come with one for sure, but I would say it will.
  9. StevenH

StevenH New Member

The car itself looks great... however i will be holiding out until they release the Black Edition. Also hopefully a little further down the line there will be a 170ps TDI version like the existing A3.
  10. a6_chris

a6_chris Active Member

Going by the prices on the other thread I wont be ordering one .. £23k for 1.6 TDi S-Line without any options .. Don't think so
  11. N8

N8 Kowalski Details

I've got the 2012 S5 wheel in my car now, which has the same platform of buttons as the new 8V.

It's just life though isn't it. Everything gets better & more expensive. When we went into the Porsche garage next to the Museum in Stuttgart a brand new loaded Boxster worked out to be £66k! £66k for a Boxster! Unreal.
  12. a6_chris

a6_chris Active Member

Very true - take the new A6 for example - I specced one up to £85k and that was without every option compared to the previous (C6 model) topped out about £50k with all options (excluding S6 and RS6 of course) and IMO the C6 being the better car.

It's not only Audi, BMW are doing it too with the 1series - I think specced a 120d up to £33k or there abouts. Jeez, I'd rather buy a year old car with better spec for less £££.

I think I'll be keeping my 8P for a while longer ;)
  13. N8

N8 Kowalski Details

Yes that's right, I'm 4 years into my ownership and still going strong!
  14. James.Asbri

James.Asbri Vorsprung Durch Technik

I was talking about the 4 Spoke steering wheel haha
  15. VWAddict

VWAddict Member

Everything in the centre of the dash, from the air vents to the climate control panel and everything in between looks utterly repulsive to me.

[​IMG]

It's like someone tried to make the ventilation controls resemble a retro 1970's radio, and the row of buttons between that and the vents looks like a hideous afterthought.

The screen retract mechanism may be trick, but it looks cheap and poorly-planned sticking up like that.

The interior looks worse than the god-awful Chevrolet Camaro 1970's black-vinyl-and-chrome retro-fest.

Vomit-inducing.

I like the exterior though. They fücked up with the insides though.
  16. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo 6+1 Gears

Wow! My thoughts exactly!!!
  17. Ash187

Ash187 Audi Retrofitter

the red sline looks nice, i like the bits around the fogs that stick out a little from the bumper... very mean edge there
    the blue one looks good too.
    hate the interior though... that BMW dash is just so plain and boring!
  18. N8

N8 Kowalski Details

So was I :laugh:
  19. welshwoody

welshwoody Member

Is that a draw or something built into the center of the back seat? The part you sit on not the through hole from the boot.
  20. a6_chris

a6_chris Active Member

Pop out drinks holder
  21. quattro81

quattro81 All the gear.. No idea

Those rear lights remind me of the hyundai coupe lol - is it driving forwards or backwards!? And the vents look like the ones you get in the overhead airconditioning in National Express coaches:lmfao:
  22. mrx542

mrx542 New Member

can someone answer this....the Audi A3 at Geneva 2012 had a completely different set of headlights which were more defined and looked better than the A3 that has just been releases and it also had s-line seats which were kind of bucket shaped/kinda Aston Martin style....

Have Audi scrapped these 2 designs? does anyone know what i am talking about? Check youtube clips Audi A3 Geneva 2012 by Autoexpress and Whichwebsite....
  23. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

Audi will launch the A3 with the 177PS 2.0TDi engine as found in the A6 but will come later on maybe when the Sportback is launched.

The Black Edition is available on the A4 so would imagine is will come back on the new A3 but probably a few years in. The A1 Black Edition has only just been released after 18 months.

As for pricing, I think Audi have been selling the current A3 8P too cheap compared to say VW Golf. When we ordered our 2010 A3 S-Line Sportback 170TDi DSG, it was £3k cheaper than the equivalent specced Golf GTD. Looks like the pricing has been addressed in that respect because a Golf should be cheaper than an Audi!
  24. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

Yeah prices have definitely risen. I specced one up to the same level as my current car, which was £26.5k list price 18 months ago, and it came to £30k, so a 13% rise. Still reasonable for what it is though IMO.
  25. dakmaster

dakmaster Member

Beautifully understated, just how a premium brand should be. The king is dead; long live the king:rockwoot: