New A3 - Photo

Awful. The new Micra is nearly as good looking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Looks like this will be my last Audi for a while unless I get a TT next /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thats as bad looking as a 3 series compact /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I don't believe thats a spy shot actually. It can look that awful surely. I think its a well done photoshop jobby.

Why can't Audi just stick the A4 front end on the current A3, make the sides a little bit bolder with a slight ridge down the side like the TT, and just re-jig the back end slightly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

AL

Although I think the A3 design is good, it is not timeless like the Focus and 206 - two cars that have not aged IMO.

I think a radical new design is needed, using influences from the TT. I know they are going to be conservative and leave the changes to a minimum, and I think that could be a mistake. I am just waiting to see what the new Golf will look like. No doubt it will look better and have a better engine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Yeah - when I first looked at the S3 I couldn't see any difference, but now the S3 looks so much better (in my eyes anyway) - fatter and meaner!

Noticed that no one has shown a picture of the backend. I found this on some website last week, but have lost the URL :-(

Anyway here's the awful backend:

audiback.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
audi girl said:
Hmmmm I think I need to see it "in the flesh".... looks disturbingly like a really old Astra or something!

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too. Thought it was very Fiat Stilo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I am sure that in the flesh it will look different, but it looks very 'samey' to nearly all the medium sized hatchbacks that are currently on the market

What's going on with that rear door handle? It is totally at odds with the front one. Surely this can't be another 'invisible rear door' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif design like the awful 156 thing?

As you were - it's actually a 3-door with some stuck on lines and a handle to make it look like a 5 door!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

....nah its just to fool people,....car companies do this all the time...if you look very carefully you'll notice its a 3 door version and not the 5 door!!...the handle looks like its got a sticky type of acetate or sommite holding the handle on...look closely and you can see the square outline of it......still dont like it.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

ummmthose wheels are massive!....i reckon its an semi off road jobby,..the series of the tyre wall is a lot bigger than 65....gees thats big...just have a look! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
caractere 007 said:
ummmthose wheels are massive!....i reckon its an semi off road jobby,..the series of the tyre wall is a lot bigger than 65....gees thats big...just have a look! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you sure?
Looks like the motorway crud is blurring the line between the wheel and tyre. Gotta be 15" standard A3 haven't they?

Have u guys noticed that the last pic shown

4780-audia3.jpg

the rear lights are off the A8 i dont mind these tails as they are class hopefully they chuck some LED's in too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif