New A3 Owner

retired_audi

Reaction score
Hey all!!

Today I went to the local Audi dealer and picked myself up a 2.0 T FSI S-Line Special Edition S Tronic, which I get to pick on thurs and im so excited!!!!

Just went from a Rover 214si, to this tank of a car its amazing!!

Anyway just a few small questions...

1) Where can I get the phone adapter for an XDA Orbit for this thing?
2) With the bluetooth and DIS does it display text messages/whos calling etc?

Thanks!

Congrats on the car.

Your questions lead me to assume that it has the bluetooth phone kit installed? If so, then I'm afraid there won't be a cradle for the XDA, if that's what you're asking. The range of cradles is very limited so you'll have to rely on bluetooth connectivity alone.

The system doesn't handle text messages I'm afraid, but the DIS should display who's calling if the phone is fully compatibly with the system and syncs its phonebook and stuff.

Congratulations Steven AFC :)

I've been meaning to ask... S Tronic? What's that then? Is it like a normal auto as opposed to DSG? Or is that something else? A friend of my wife's has a 1.6 auto but she can just knock the gear stick up and down to shift. Is that S Tronic?

Yep, basically I have flappy paddles, along with the option to knock the gear up and down, apparently its even faster than the manual! Here a pic of the car, still in the garage, im having a few things done to it!

Nice one! Damn I wish I had a 2.0TFSI =/

What you getting done to it?

Nothing much, alloys are being refurbished as theres a few scratches on the outside rims of them, iPod connector kit, although since reading about it I wish i hadn’t bothered! Also its getting that £350 cleaning job from autoglym where apparently they spend half a day cleaning it!

But until then Im carless as my Rover headgasket went!

StevenAFC said:
Hey all!!

Today I went to the local Audi dealer and picked myself up a 2.0 T FSI S-Line Special Edition S Tronic, which I get to pick on thurs and im so excited!!!!

Just went from a Rover 214si, to this tank of a car its amazing!!

Anyway just a few small questions...

1) Where can I get the phone adapter for an XDA Orbit for this thing?
2) With the bluetooth and DIS does it display text messages/whos calling etc?

Thanks!

Congratulations mate, you'll notice an incredible difference in overall quality with your A3.

I had a Vauxhall before I got my A3 1.8TS. I spent the first 2 weeks driving the A3 with the stereo off and listening to the silence as it was so refined. Even as a 3 year old car there wasn't a hint of any rattles inside the cabin and hardly any road noise. The guy from the dealer who picked me up to take me in to collect the car, he told me now that I have an Audi, don't be tempted to go for anything less next time as I'll only be disappointed.....very true!! That's why I'm now waiting on my new one!

Good luck.....

Nice car, is it Akoya or Avus? I presume its Avus being an S-Line? I would get a pro detailer to detail the car rather than a dealer. £350 for Auto Gleam products sounds expensive.