New A3 Owner

Adamski_A3

Reaction score
Hi all

Picked up my first German car on Friday being an A3 1.8TFSI Black Edition, Sportback after previously buying Peugeot/Citreon motors and being into the old modifying lark in my younger years. Small amounts still sit with me now, don't think it ever leaves you! But was time to chop the old car in and get something a bit more practical with more doors, but still with a bit of fun to it.

So far I'm loving it! So smooth and quiet to drive which wouldn't have been hard coming from a 13 year old 206GTi with a noisy aftermarket exhaust! Only thing I was surprised at is little things like auto wipers and lights not being a standard considering I had them on my old car. But I'll get used to that and love how bright the headlights are on this!

Will be keeping this pretty stock, apart from I'll be debadging the rear soon. Considering upgrading the stereo to something I can bluetooth directly to, currently got a bluetooth auxillary dongle which is doing the trick for now. Have been really impressed with the Bose speakers though! The idea of a stage 1 remap and a RS3 style mesh front grill also sound appealing, but we'll see.

Anyway, hi from me!

Ads

Attachments

• A3Front2.jpg
    A3Front2.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 162
  • A3Rear2.jpg
    A3Rear2.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 130
Reactions: Andy F, Scottyg and Sandra
Hi Adam, welcome to audi-sport.net. Very nice car you have got. Hope you enjoy the forum. You will find us all very friendly and happy to help out. Best hide your wallet though. :)

Reactions: Scottyg
Hi

Thanks! :) I was having a good look round last night, some really good retro fit guides on here.... Although I dont have one of those coding machines. Is it expensive to have coding done?

I know, dangerous!

Reactions: Sandra
Adam, vcds cables genuine Ross-tech are around £ 275. 00 We gave a vcds map with local members that will scan car for you. They usually just ask for beer tokens, it's up to them. Where you located? Link in my signature :)

Adam, vcds cables genuine Ross-tech are around £ 275. 00 We gave a vcds map with local members that will scan car for you. They usually just ask for beer tokens, it's up to them. Where you located? Link in my signature :)

Probably won't be buying one of those the amount I'd need one! But beer tokens sounds good! I'm Warwickshire based :)

Welcome along to ASN @Adamski_A3 a little Seal Fan or a play on your name??
Lovely looking car you have. Looks in brilliant condition.

Thanks! Just a play on my name Adam :) Is in good nick, although having a little niggle I've posted here: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/weird-noise-on-start-up.310374/

Reactions: Scottyg and Sandra