new A3 owner with a few questions..

I

imported_Nigma

Hi guys,
I've just jumped on the Audi bandwaggon and got myself a 1.8T Sport. Drives great!.
Anyway i've got a few questions which you may be able to help me with, so here goes....

1. The car (second hand), did not come with any model badges (i.e. the 1.8 T badge) on the back. So are replacments available cheaply?

2. Which companies are out there that people recomend to buy spares and parts (mainly in the midlands and cambrudge area)

Thanks for your help.

Anand

hi - welcome to the site, try here as a good start for any parts you need www.vagparts.com p.s. all the parts the ysupply are not listed on their site so you may want to give them a call for anything in particular. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get the badge decals easy enuff for there for nothing too costly.

rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

At least we both came up with the same answer.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yep as the girls have said Vag Parts is your first stop, although the badges are cheap enough to buy from your dealer. You may also want to take a look at German Swedish and French or Euro Car parts for general spares, but still Vag-com has a great deal of knowledge on the VAG range and are more than helpful.

This is (or the attached is) taken from the parts manual and shows all of the badges, you'll probably need to save it first and then zoom in.

Note: The red/chrome T is for the 180hp car originally but who knows if it's a 180 or 150 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

**** me, never guess what my Surname is Anand /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Thats scary, i have a norfern clone who also likes Audi's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

On the model badge front... Do you think its effects it nick-ability if the model is displayed?

I assume the previos owner chose not to include the model info for this reason?

Thanks Anand

Have you thought about going badgless for a 'clean' look? Just put mine back together and thought it looked pretty tasty without badges. Thats my opinion, but maybe its worth a thought?