New A3 owner! Pic heavy

Stuart90

Reaction score
Hey, my names Stuart.. Live in Carlisle Cumbria 19 and working fulltime, just got my new car :jump: and love it, soo smooth (and suprisingly fast!) I have been trawling through this site looking for tips and tricks, some really great stuff in here lots of retrofit stuff i might take a plunge into. Spec of my car. 2.0TDI S Line Pre-facelift, with DSG and BOSE Sound upgrade, sounds awesome :D, the speakers, not the tractor engine :crying: (2 Previous cars petrol) But not complaining at 45 MPG! 18" RS6..? Alloys.

CIMG0815.jpg
CIMG0815.jpg
CIMG0815.jpg

CIMG0816.jpg

Im not 100% sold on the Colour, im not expert, but I would say metallic black? First Mod I have in mind is Facelift, but tryin to weigh up if the cost it worth it.. Upgrading the suspension is on the cards, along with some nice interior lighting upgrades I think.

Interior:

Head unit.

CIMG0811.jpg

The wire plugged into tape player is a Sony Car Cassette Adaptor CPA-9C, Amazon for £10, really good quality, reason is, because my old car has a AUX in and the install for AUX seems pretty in depth, so this will do for the minute, also ALOT better quality than those FM transmitters.

CIMG0812.jpg

Ok, got a few questions I am hopeing somebody can shed some light on please :thumbsup:

Firstly, when I get in my car, after a short amount of time around 10-15 secs (havnt timed yet) I get a loud "bong" noise, just once. any idea what it is, I thought maybe a glow plug warner to tell you there ready to start?

Secondly, I have connected my Iphone to the bluetooth with is names "Nokia H.."(Something) and I can here people through the speakers (when in a call) and hey can just hear me (have not fully tested this) Anyways, I have these ... connected, what are they?, there a eyesore at the min.

CIMG0818.jpg

(guess is for phone) Located here..

CIMG0809.jpg

And some kind of power source..

CIMG0808.jpg

Another question. Anyone know where I can get a replacement S Line badge for my steering wheel? Checked ebay but they wanted £35 for a badge!

CIMG0813.jpg

Got soo many more questions, but i will reserve them for the search function for now! Thanks for reading, any opinions would be great.

The bong is your phone pairing with the car.

Nice car mate. Bet you are happy!

The small device near the gearstick is the control for a nokia bluetooth, its looks like yours has the button missing the ring should twist to up the volume and you should still be able to press the centre button to answar calls.

Not a bad car to have when you're 19 it has to be said :thumbsup:.
Get yourself an RNS-E and you can have an Aux-in without too much hassle. Also the benefit of sat-nav and 2xSD Cards as well for your tunes - plenty of info on the RNS-E on this site.
A facelift will transform the front end as well - so good choice on that mod.

Oh and welcome along!

The 'thing' just in front of the power outlet socket is the bluetooth volume control and voice activate dial button which in your case has the silver button missing. The outer wheel is the volume control and there should be a centre button ( which has Nokia written on it which pushes down on the little switch that you can see ) to activate voice dialling / answer / hang up .

Great, thanks for responses, any idea on the power cable? And can you improve on audis engine bay sound proofing?

Stu

Hi nice car , the power cable will probably be from a previous sat nav or snooper type device...........

Even if phones bluetooth off?

That bong is the phone kit telling you it HAS NOT paired with any phone and is ready to pair. Standard nokia kit, used to fit them at work. Will more than likely be a CK-7W. You don't need that nasty dial if you have an iPhone you can control it all from the phone itself.

Nice car you've got, I got mine when I was 19 just under a year ago, have done a bit to it now lol

Joe

Yeah, I can control most of it from phone, might just remove that "thing" as it looks horrible. Yeah Joe I see you've done a few tasteful mods, I'm tempted to start a few myself. But bit of a novice as my two previos cars were very boyracer (corsa,fiesta st) so I didn't want to make them anymore...chavy. But I like the idea of OEM upgrades, little pointless extra's are the things that impress me! Any starter project Joe?

Yeah Sarah really want to but alot of ££ to make it look newer. I need to work out proper figures. Wouldn't be too bad if the fogs wernt 100+ for a pair!

Well if it were me I would get rid of the button, don't cut it off but hide it. Then get rid of the power wire, pull it gently and see where it routes to. Get some ambient lighting going as it really brings the interior to life at night and is cheap as chips to do. Then start collecting parts to facelift. Pick them up from eBay or the like on the cheap slowly when you can afford it and you will be there before you know it. One thing that would bug me is that tape slot, only because tapes havent been in use since the 90's I would put something like this in in its place:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A3-2008-CONCERT-RADIO-CD-PLAYER_W0QQitemZ280484110540QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item414e27e0cc#ht_500wt_956

A few ideas there.

Hope that helps mate,
Joe

Aye, Thanks Joe, that would look alot better, ill look into it. On the facelfit side, yeah just pic them up slowly till ive got the parts.