1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New A3 Owner from Kent

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by Tempy, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Tempy

Tempy Member

[Sep 10, 2012]
    Hi All,

I picked up my first Audi just over a week ago and I've been very happy with it so far. I went for the A3 2.0 TDi 140CR late 2008 model and was quite surprised how much poke it has as I had originally planned to get the 170PD.

It's a bit of a drastic change for me as my previous car was a big juicy V8 monster and as much as I loved it, it was just too expensive as a daily driver and she had to go.

A mate at work recommended this forum as he's into his Audi's and I've been having a good old read for the past few weeks and it seems like a great place for information. Now that I have the car, I thought it was time to come on and say hello. Hopefully I can contribute to the forum but to begin with I know I'm going to have a few questions. That'll give my poor mate at work a break :)

Anyway, here's a pic of the new car (crappy iPhone pics). I'll get some better ones up as soon as possible. The previous owner didn't take very good care of it and it needs a bit of work. I've brought the interior up nice, which was filthy, but the paint work needs some attention. It's going to need a good detailing to get all the scratches out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A remap is on the cards, but first I want to make some minor cosmetic changes to get it on its way to looking like a black edition. I'll be looking at tinting the rears and refurbing the alloys in titanium and also a black grill. I also fancy retro fitting reverse parking assist as I miss having it.

Anyway, that's enough rambling from me.

Cheers,

Tempy.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 28, 2014]

3. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 10, 2012]
    Hi Tempy, welcome to audi-sport.net. Head over to the A3 8P section. Im sure you have already been reading in there though. Its a great forum with lots of info. Like the car. Enjoy the forum and we will all look forward to help spend your money for you. :) x