1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New A3 owner advice please....

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by dvalve1, Jul 17, 2011.

1. dvalve1

dvalve1 New Member

[Jul 17, 2011]
    :hi:hi guys purchased an a3 sportback on a 56 with symphony 2 bose setup, controls on wheel & no phone cradle in the phone holder. i run a ipod classic atm whats the best way of connecting to it, ive heard of a denison unit, your thoughts? also if upgrade my htc phone to iphone & buy the 100 quid:faint: cradle can i play music through the stereo whilst having the phone on bluetooth and charging thus killing 3 birds with one stone?? how do i connect my current htc to the car, when i press the control on the steering wheel it just says connect to cradle??? i heard it should just detect it or am i confusing ami with mmi?? cheers in advance you v.clever lot
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 29, 2014]

3. dvalve1

dvalve1 New Member

4. s8craig

s8craig Active Member VCDS Map User

[Jul 22, 2011]
    Well the A3 with symphony has neither AMI or MMI.

You can pair the HTC with the car for bluetooth, put the key in the ignition and turn to 2 position, use your phone to search for the car's bluetooth. You should find AudiUHVxxxx and the passcode is 1234

As for a cradle, well the Audi systems do not supports music over bluetooth in the current A3.

Get a Dension gateway 100 CAN fitted for your Ipod music and you can use that charge your Iphone and play music in the future.
  5. dvalve1

dvalve1 New Member

[Jul 31, 2011]
    cheers s8craig, getting to understand it all now, will try that tommorow, if i have the blank phone thingy in the car without the cradle will this still work via bluetooth or is the bluetooth only available if no cradle fiited if that makes sense, is it AND or OR, thanks
  6. s8craig

s8craig Active Member VCDS Map User

[Jul 31, 2011]
    You will have bluetooth with or without a cradle.