New A3 on order, delivery times and best price

Jiggy

Reaction score
Hi guys

This is my first post so sorry in advance if I screw this up...

I have on order since 30th January a new A3 sportback s-line 1.4TFSI

Got the list price at £25,000, im paying £22,680, is this a good deal or can I get more out of them?

The confirmed build week is week 24(13th June I believe) can this change?

I've had a few problems with them aswell, about a month and half ago I asked to add privacy glass to the order and the salesman refused, he said it was too late but it took his two weeks to get back to me, I spoke to the manager and he "magically" amended the order and free of charge!

On top of that I was told that the door handles would match but have just realised that I was fed duff info but the salesman and they come with chrome trim...little thing but highly annoying!(He has left the company) the voice control is also extra on top of the tech pack and I got told in the test drive it was included, maybe its my fault for not checking it through.....too late for amendment now (apparently)

They also rang me last week and said its been changed to MY12 and I asked what changes there are and the manager told me only a few minor changes, read someone on the site that there is now no spare wheel (space saver) can I ask for a bigger discount? what type of freebies can they offer?

Forgot to say the list price is with extras:

Tech pack
Comfort pack
Xenon lights
Folding mirrors
lights pack

The 'no space-saver spare' has been the standard for all order placed after 4 May 2011. The tyre sealant/inflation pack is include in it's place. According to Audi the problem is in them sourcing enough steel space-saver wheels.

Your discount is about the same as I've got on most of my A3s - around 10%. All of mine have come from the same dealer and the same salesman, but when I've shopped around no one has been willing to beat it. Mind you it would have be a lot better for me to decide to change dealer as they have given me excellent service over the last 13 years.