1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New A3 driver information display

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Fries, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Fries

Fries New Member

[Feb 24, 2010]
    Hi,
    Recently taken delivery of 170bhp A3 sportback and wondered if there was anyway of "turning on" any of the features of the driver information display such as outside air temp etc. It is standard model.

It is a company car so can't go down the route of changing any components but just wondered if someone with the right software could improve on the apparent lack of driver aids.

Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 26, 2014]

3. aristides

aristides Member

[Feb 24, 2010]
    Is it the facelift model mate? Outside temp and other functions are only available from the DIS (Driver Information System) and it requires a lot of work to get it retrofitted
  4. Fries

Fries New Member

[Feb 24, 2010]
    Yeah it's the facelift model, I was told by someone that the aircon uses an external temp sensor as art of it's function and that this could be turned on by using a Vagcom code??? To be honest it's the outside air temp I want really, I didn't even know you could buy a car these days without such basic safety equipment. Running an aftermarket thermometer is not something I want to do, the last time I did that was when I got a Breg Fiesta about 13 years ago!! ha.

I have the washer bottle sensor in there and a couple of other warning lights
  5. phil_w

phil_w Member VCDS Map User

[Feb 24, 2010]
    I turned the temp display on via VAGCOM on my 56 plate standard - it was in adaption channels for the cluster - I'll try and find the old post...
  6. phil_w

phil_w Member VCDS Map User

[Feb 24, 2010]
  7. Fries

Fries New Member

[Feb 25, 2010]
    Thanks, will have a word with local garage and see if this is something they can do.