1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New A3 Configurator Image - 1.4 TFSI with single exhaust?

Stephen C May 24, 2014

1. Stephen C

Stephen C Active Member

I hope this is just a glitch, as it looks terrible with a single exhaust. Only the 1.6 TDI and 1.2TFSI had this previously.

[​IMG]

Edit: from the latest Pricing and Specification Guide: "Exhaust tailpipe – single tailpipe on 1.2 TFSI and 1.6 TDI, double tailpipes on the left on all other engines." So presumably, this is a mistake on the website.

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  2. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon

Not even sure thats a sline by the rear valance...

3. Stephen C

Stephen C Active Member

It has the S line diffuser if you look closely!

4. cuke2u

I was looking at it on my phone so I guess it wasn't clear, but it doesn't look like my sline rear bumper. It is missing the red reflectors for a start. I've just run the configurator and this is what I got:

[​IMG]

5. Stephen C

Stephen C Active Member

I think those red reflectors are only for the saloon. I haven't seen those on a Sportback.

6. cuke2u

You are correct, looks like a configurator cockup then...

7. FishyFinger

FishyFinger Member

I do hope it is a cock up on the configuration page as I ordered at 1.4 cod a few weeks ago and will be a little peed off as the twin exhaust looks so much better than the single.....Fingers crossed!!!

8. Adam.

Adam. Meow.

Audi configurator is a pile of ****e tbh. There are quite a lot of mistakes when you start looking in more detail.

9. holly35

holly35 Active Member

The single exhaust wouldnt bother me in the slightest,my friends 64 plate bmw 320 m sport has a single tail pipe.......

10. Stephen C

Stephen C Active Member

The thin Audi pipe looks a little more awkward than the BMW M sport one, though.

bmw-320d-m-sport-5229764-3.jpg

Personally, I wish the two were symmetrical with one on either side like you have with the S and RS models. Maybe I care about the aesthetics too much!

11. holly35

holly35 Active Member

....his tail pipe is round not oval,the single tail pipe on the A3 looks fine with the sport tail pipe trim,it increases the diameter a bit,but the tail pipe is quite large anyway,its not a small pipe.