New A3 - car kit fitting

I

imported_Watson

Dear All,

I would be really grateful if any of you knowledgeable souls could give me some pointers about car kits in the new A3. I am getting the Symphony II radio which I gather will have the new 'Quadlock' system fitted with a 40-pin connector. Is there a pin-out for this or a pin to connect a mute lead from a car kit and are there marked pins to connect the car kit's speaker output to go through the car speakers?

I gather from elsewhere that something needs to be 'activated' by the dealer in order to allow stereo muting, but I cannot find any information on the specifics.

Has anyone installed a car kit in their A3 or had this done? I would be grateful for any info/pointers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Many thanks,

Toby.

Dont think so; I have a full car kit in My A4 with Symphony2 and it uses the mute function plus the thru speakers. I had it done on this occasion so dont ask me for the pin out!...
The systems will be the same in the A3..

The whole install was only £50 so I would get it done...

Thanks for the info; interesting as this is the text I received about this:

[ QUOTE ]
The new Symphony II will have the 'Quadlock' plug, so the 06-111B is unsuitable. It can be achieved, but the stereo needs to be activated by Audi first or it wont even mute, so ask for this before you take delivery Toby as this can only be done by someone linking to your on board computer. You will know if it has been done because if you press the telephone button on the face of the unit it will say 'please use your handset'. If it has not it will say 'no phone installed'.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you use the phone, does it say 'please use your handset'?

Sorry to plague you with questions, but you don't happen to know where the installer placed the system box for it and I'd also be interested where they mounted the handset and if this suits you in use.

Many thanks,

Toby.