New A3 auxilliary air heater

steve184

Reaction score
While im waiting for my shiny new audi to be built (24th May) i decided to borrow a manual from my dealer and swat up on it lol Very interesting reading some of it - but the most interesting part was a section on auxilliary heating systems - it mentions 2 types electric and another system that actually burns diesel to heat the car (for when the engine is cold) the later apparently being possible to programme a certain time to come on/go off or even instantly switch on via a remote.

Does anybody know anything about this cos i didnt see it on the options list!!! and sounds like a very useful piece of kit indeed for those cold winter mornings!

So anybody got the info on these? I think the electric version is standard on diesel engined A3's but only works when ur in the car, engine running (but cold) and basically you get instant warm air - other sytem allows u to actually warm the car up thoroughly before you get in it but i suspect that since this isnt mentioned in the brochure it is only available for other (colder) markets - but then why is it mentioned in a UK owners manual??

thoughts anyone?

steve