1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New A3 auxilliary air heater

steve184 Apr 29, 2004

1. steve184

steve184 Active Member

While im waiting for my shiny new audi to be built (24th May) i decided to borrow a manual from my dealer and swat up on it lol Very interesting reading some of it - but the most interesting part was a section on auxilliary heating systems - it mentions 2 types electric and another system that actually burns diesel to heat the car (for when the engine is cold) the later apparently being possible to programme a certain time to come on/go off or even instantly switch on via a remote.

Does anybody know anything about this cos i didnt see it on the options list!!! and sounds like a very useful piece of kit indeed for those cold winter mornings!

So anybody got the info on these? I think the electric version is standard on diesel engined A3's but only works when ur in the car, engine running (but cold) and basically you get instant warm air - other sytem allows u to actually warm the car up thoroughly before you get in it but i suspect that since this isnt mentioned in the brochure it is only available for other (colder) markets - but then why is it mentioned in a UK owners manual??

thoughts anyone?

steve