New A3 2.0TDI DSG Sport

Ginge77

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting the new A3 2.0 TDI DSG as my next company car.

My company now insists that all new cars must be diesel. I've never owned a diesel before, will I notice a difference from a petrol engine in terms of performance?

I've also been told that it may also be possible to "tune" the engine to get better performance is this true?

Firsts things first Welcome to the Forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

The new A3 TDI Sport is probably what I'd have went for as a company car, if I didnt have the option of opting out and buying the S3.
I dont know if they are tunable, but cant see why not. Probably best off talking to one of the many tuners about a remap.
Performance wise the engines are quite differnent in terms of power delivery, but there are quite a few diesels out there that will give even my modded S3 a run for its money.
I know Wando is running AMD's Golf GTi Diesel which has very respectable performance figures.

Right I am in the same boat with my diesel, let me know whatever happens i would be inclined to find out on how easy it is.

I heard of a plug in box that you use along the serial port of you car which over-rides the ECU which gives +40bhp and +40 lb torque. Plus when you remove the box the orginal stock ECU takes place again to cover your warranty. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Am I correct in saying this Mod's? I am pretty sure but not certain. Siunds favourite to me.

Dave

My wife has a tuning box on her X5 3.0D and it makes a REAL difference ( I took it off a few weeks ago juts to see what the car was like as standard, a couple of miles later the box went straight back on!). Not sure about an extra 40bhp though, I think boost levels would need to be increased to do this as these box's don't change the boost only fuelling. See www.tuningbox.com.

I have spoken to REVO and they tell me that they are working on the chip as week speak.
This will be my first ever diesel too. But cant wait !

I'm running a Tdi Passat 115pd with a plug in box, very handy torque, it actually feels quicker than my S3 to drive around town, due to the narrow power band. My chip box actually came with instructions to wire a switch, making it switchable between standard and uprated map from inside the car. Ive also noticed better mpg, about 10%, and thats driving briskly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Joe