New A3 2.0TDI 170 - prices

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
The lastest copy of Audi Driver has just arrived this morning and it quotes the prices for the new 170 PS version of the 2.0TDI. I have just looked and these prices are not yet quoted on Audi UK's own website.

The prices are as follows:

2.0TDI 170 = £19,430
2.0TDI SE 170 = £21,430
2.0TDI Sport 170 = £21,430
2.0TDI S-Line = £22,980
2.0TDI quattro Sport 170 = £22,855
2.0TDI quattro S-Line 170 = £24,405

The makes the 170 version of the SE and Sport £825 more than the standard 140.

£24,405!
christ, i didnt pay that much for a 6month old 3.2Q dsg with satnav plus & TV!!!!!!

The current list price of the 3.2 quattro Sport is £24,130 so the 2.0 TDI quattro Sport is £275 more.

Probably depends on who's buying the fuel !

A remap of a 2.0TDI 140 would probably be better value that the 170 version apart from perhaps the insurance aspect.

that was my initial thought,but,once the maps come out for the 170 version,it will be over 200ps without a doubt.

over 200ps, and a high torque figure, the figures certainly appeal on paper.

I do find however, that with my remapped 130, which gives power and torque figures as close as dammit to that 170 lump in standard trim, the problem lies in getting that power down.. With so much power available at low revs, its so easy to break traction with just FWD, even with the 235 section tyres!

I cant be the only one who feels that quattro is SUCH a good idea with power figures in this region..

my rear wheel drive 330D beemer, with around 190ps, was a delight to get off the line, it simply launched, fast, even with levels of throttle applied that just leave the audi bouncing its front end and scrabbling for grip..

dont get me wrong, im a fan of audi deisels, especially when remapped - but i would hesitate to choose another or more powerful model with FWD only..

As the 170 is already a remapped and tweaked 140 it may be more difficult to easily get that much more power out of it. We shall have to wait and see what the tuners come up with.

Yes, hence the word teaked.

According to Audi Driver...

"Whilst it retains the individual pump injectors for each cylinder, the operation of each injector now depends on the same piezo technology which is used on the 2.7 and 3.0 litre TDI engines"

"Peak power is developed at 4200 rpm and maximum torque is 320 Nm at 1750 rpm"

[ QUOTE ]
A remap of a 2.0TDI 140 would probably be better value that the 170 version apart from perhaps the insurance aspect.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll be surprised! mine modified is only a few quid more than it was standard. And thats with an agreed value and replacement like for like.

J.

[ QUOTE ]
that was my initial thought,but,once the maps come out for the 170 version,it will be over 200ps without a doubt.

[/ QUOTE ]

The way people go on about standard Audis making much more power than they should on here,it won't be long before someone says their bog standard one does... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thats got to be pushing it a bit if some one does say it,
although i caught the last few mins of fith gear,with the 888 astra diesel,which has 200 bhp,so it wont be long before they do have those kinds of figures.

[ QUOTE ]
thats got to be pushing it a bit if some one does say it,

[/ QUOTE ]

People are claiming 176bhp from a standard 140,so that would equate to 213bhp from a standard 170. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Standard as in straight from the factory? Or do you mean a remapped 140?

I've had a superchips remap now for around a year in my A3 2.0TDI and its sticking out 187bhp and 375lbs/ft.

I'd hazard a guess that the 170 may stick this out almost at standard......

Now where did I put my grandmother - I'm sure she's worth a few bob!

all these bhp figs?,why not have a group buy on a rolling road session,then we will know for sure,what the cars are producing,
just hyperthetical at the moment,but if there is enough interest,i can look in to it?.

Speaking for myself Tinka,I'm not overly bothered what a dyno says my car is putting out as my '*** dyno' tells me it's about right for the claimed 140bhp.
Even if a dyno said it was putting out way more than 140bhp,I simply wouldn't believe it.

The only time I would accept a dyno reading is as a before and after figure.
The actual before and after figures wouldn't be important,but the difference between the two would.

i understand,im thinking of a little audi-sport, 8p get together,thats all,and its as good a reason as any,i guess,
thata a no then,bowf?.

tinka said:
i understand,im thinking of a little audi-sport, 8p get together,thats all,and its as good a reason as any,i guess,
thata a no then,bowf?.

Given that I would undoubtedly have one of the longest drives to the 'shootout',It's a definite non-starter for me,I'm afraid.

If I want to look a pile of A3's,I can go into any car park in Aberdeen...:D

bowfer said:
Given that I would undoubtedly have one of the longest drives to the 'shootout',It's a definite non-starter for me,I'm afraid.

Lol

bowfer said:

...and I thought I was cynical......lol!

cheechy - you not in the same league as Bowfer when it comes to being cynical !

The prices and performance data for the 170 PS version of the 2.0 TDI are now included on the Audi UK web-site.