New 2003 A3 (2.0 TDI)

DaveS3Turbo

Sepang Blue S3
Reaction score
Hi all I will soon be joining u awesome audi members on here as i currently 2nite just sold my yaris T-sport 1.5 VVti which was awesome in terms of speed etc, however it lacked torque.
So i decided that i wanted a new car i.e Civic Type-R or audi A3 2.0 tdi....totally different i kno /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif however i decided that after many videos and rides and reviews that they scream their nuts off too much....absolutely nothing low down until 6000 revs and up where it really picks its heels up.

Anyway the cut a long story short i will be getting an A3 2.0 tdi: spec as follows:-->
1.Alcantara/leather interior
2.Ebony black/brilliant black
3.Sympthony II with Bose ssystem
4.THe 5/6 spoke wheels
5.Arm rest off course
6.THE BODY KIT!!!..LOOKS SWEET IN BLACK...A MENACE IN DISGUISE...:)

Anyways who has the new A3 any good or bad comments?
I wanted xeon lights but there was non available on the car i wanted as they are liek rocking horse s**t to get hold of......its only lights i suppose are they any gud? Aftermarket replacement??????

Hello to you all.....pics of ure A3's wanted......tempt me!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

I've got the 2.0Tdi also, was just wondering can I buy that Audi bodykit aftermarket and stick it on? I think it looks sweet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I've got one. Would rate it as follows

build quality 9/10
performance 7/10 (for a diesel)
ride quality/comfort 2/10

overall a nice car, but IMHO let down by poor suspension

Ummmmm, I think these forums are where people have the right to express there own opinions and not get abuse for it.

I'm sorry but the A3 Tdi sport is not a real sports car. I certainly wouldn't class it as a fast car, it's not even a hot hatch, more like luke warm. There are loads of cars which handle better and IMO still offer better ride quality than the A3. I just dont think audi have got it quite right. The ride quality should be more in line with the level of performance that the car delivers, which is actually quite slow, so a slightly more forgiving setup would of been better. IMO the SE with the spongey supspension is even worse !!!.

each to his own.

[censored]....its the best TDI around....nothing will catch u wen u rolling and if u think its slow u need ure head seeing too.

300 lb/ft of torque.....1900 revs er yer slow....NOT

lol...maybe 0-60...but wen its movin its fast as [censored]!!!!!

its as torquey as asn S4...and kicks a honda civic typr-R's **** wen moving cos they scream the nuts of them...

TRUST ME GUYS IF U WANT AN A3 dont let [censored]stop u....he obviously a [censored] with german cars!!!....and yes i have had more cars then u...........22!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
davidmann said:
[censored]....its the best TDI around....nothing will catch u wen u rolling and if u think its slow u need ure head seeing too.

its as torquey as asn S4...and kicks a honda civic typr-R's **** wen moving cos they scream the nuts of them...

TRUST ME GUYS IF U WANT AN A3 dont let this ***** stop u....he obviously [censored] with german cars!!!....and yes i have had more cars then u...........22!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, firstly I`m pretty sure many cars out there will catch out a 2.0TDI A3, my mates 330d for one.

Secondly, this IS a forum where people can express their opinions, it`s up to the people reading the comments to use their judgement about what they read.

Thirdly, this isn`t a mobile phone text conversation, could you please write in English?

Lastly, the fact that you`ve had 22 cars doesn`t make you the authority on here, everyone has their own opinion, just because you don`t agree with it does not make them wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
davidmann said:

TRUST ME GUYS IF U WANT AN A3 dont let [censored]stop u....he obviously a [censored] with german cars!!!....and yes i have had more cars then u...........22!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Driving your 22 cars rather than attending English classes I take it? Who needs an education anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i lied about the cars...22...was seeing if the guy would react and yes the A3 is nicer than the s3 in style and looks aslong as the body kit is on!!!....U want any pics of my A3 which is really nice in black wen polished but is an **** to keep clean..........:)

Didn't mean to offend the guy but serious it is a sporty car and i don't know hoe u cant call it sport at all.
That upset me..anyways in terms of nothing will catch u i ment in terms of Type-R, Golf tdi...passats....u know most of the cars today generally as it hs the same torque as the old S4....which is faf...:)

I will post pics and u wiill see if this looks sporty or not!!!!....U will change ure minds....the suspension is great nicce and hard feel....plus the wasy the car handles is ok as it culd be better however the sensotronic steering is good as u don't feel the bad road surfaces over here in the UK, along with the pot holes the goverment lets us have for free!!!

Right i will get some pics right now..however its going dark...i will psor pics tomoz will will show u!!!

Here are some night shots...will post again n the morning for a real view!!!! notice the bodykit..however its ahrd to tell cos the car is black..:/

This shot isn't justice and no spoiler at the back can be seen from the body kit!!!....I will post in the morning..P)

You are spot on with your comments on the suspension it does get a bit bouncy on some roads (M40 near Oxford for example). I'm sure it's just a tuning issue, once the Audi aftermarket guys get their hands on one to play with it should be a simple problem to fix.

Very nice, the body kit is very subtle (from the front) and looks nice in black. Grey interior is also nice (don't think black and black would go very well). I'm not a fan of the standard alloys though. Where you not tempted to go for red or even cream full leather, both can look nice with black paint.

Si

PS. That’s the first time I've heard somebody describe Audi steering as good

Right nice point made. Yes i have chosen different wheels/alloys as i wnet for the 6-spoke ones however smith knight fay had none and i have to wait for them, so currently i am stuck with these standard ones which are still very nice when close up.

However for colour the leahter is honestly really nice for inside, you will hae to tak my word and for the exterior colour, well its a lovely colour when CLEAN and polished every so often. The trick is to keep it clean, other favourite colours are Brilliant red and Maritious Blue and Imola yellow.

[ QUOTE ]
davidmann said:
your right this is a good forum..however gareth hasn't a clue on Audi cars!!!!

Go adn join the ford forum and talk about the ford focus zetec where ull find your time of car mate.

Leave us classy german cars alone.

XX

[/ QUOTE ]

Davidmann, i think you need to calm down a little bit, and stop so defensive of yuor opinions... You gotta expect comments like the above when you post towards them was like it was!

lets just drop the attitudes, and get on with it!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
davidmann said:
Regarde moi...i gtg now anyway...nic talkin...UPSET COS you called the system.

[/ QUOTE ]

I`m 32, do you think you could write in a language I can understand? I haven`t got a clue what you`re on about here.

Being objective for a second, we're talking about the New A3 here, and one of the main criticisms of the *old* A3 BOSE setup was that it was .. well, crap.

Personally I thought it was pretty good, but I'd be interested to hear if the setup in the new A3 is any better for Bose as an option, not necessarily based on price or anything like that.

So, regardless of price, is Bose in the new A3 any better than Bose in the old A3?

I agree - I have an S3 with BOSE and it's not good (although it is better than the non-BOSE). And to say that the Audi BOSE is better than Alpine is like saying BMW are better than Audi... err.. well firstly that's a matter of opinion and secondly it depends which models you are comparing ! 316 vs S3/S4/S8.....?

The Sports Suspension in the *new* A3 TDi is probably stiffer than the current S3 (I've been in my mate's new TDi - we went round a sweeping left hander and although I can take it faster in the S3, the S3 rolls a lot more whereas the new A3 is flat).

However, the new A3 TDi is not a sports car (nor is the S3 really), not marketed as such.

So lastly from me - davidmann: you seem new to the forums and maybe you aren't sure how they work. People come for a chat and to express their opinions, but it doens't give them the right to abuse others or be rude to them. It's down to the Administrators (Wando, Al and me) and Moderators (like RichA3Turbo) to keep it in check and make sure nobody's too out of order. So please don't turn things into personal attacks - remember you might type something as a joke, but it can be easily read as something else.

Davidmann, how much insurance are you (daddy? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) paying considering you are a 17 year old first timer with no insurance history living in Manchester?

Like the suspension, the BOSE is a bit fussy. Some tracks the imagining (for my amateur ears) sound fantastic, for others the balance between the frequency is messy. But each to their own and their wallets. Perhaps a proper comparison on another thread would be good, taking the costs of a factory upgrade and aftermarket upgrades into account.