NEW 140 TDI - EMMISIONS QUESTION !

shilts

Reaction score
Hi , i went to test drive the 140 tdi and was very impressed . I'm going again next weekend to test drive the 1.6tdi , however the salesman confused me somewhat with regards to emmisions / road tax for the two . Whilst he said the 1.6tdi falls into the £30/year tax band he also said that the 140 tdi falls into the £120/year road tax band . I was under the impression that the 140 has emmisions of 115 gm's which would then put it into the £30/year tax band . Can anybody clarify this please ? On this same theme i was under the impression that when the 140's went from twin to single exhaust's this was with stop/start . There is however a 140 black edition with single exhaust in the showroom which on the description sheet on the screen states that the emmisions are 130 odd - this would tie in with what the salesman told me - i'm very confused , please HELP ! :think:

Try having a look on the Audi UK website. Download the Prices and Specification brochure. It will give you all the information you require and will normally be more up to date and better informed than most salesmen.

I have a 2.0TDI-140 common-rail and the CO2 emissions are 129g/km and my Road Tax is Band B Diesel - £120 per year. Don't know about Company Car Tax as mine is my own and I don't pay any tax on it.

According to the brochure I mentioned the 2.0TDI-140 manual Sportback is 115g/km and and the 2.0TDI-140 Sportback with S-tronic is 129g/km.

The 1.6TDI Standard Sportback is 99g/km and 1.6TDI is 109g/km for 5-speed manual and the same for the 7-speed s-tronic.

As I say - download a copy and you will have all the technical information you require.

Thanks Dave , i'm glad it's not me going mad ! All the information you give is how i understood it so maybe the salesman is a little behind on the current stop/start models .

Hi I picked up a new 140 SB Black edition on 1st march this year with the start stop ( also single tail pipe). And that's £30 a year road tax. :)

Jay