New 1.8T TTE360 Stage

i have seen one broken

V4 broken

Reactions: scotty_24 and badger5
Would be interesting if someone could fully break an already cracked Pro4 and see how deep the weld penetrated the stainless tube.

Id like to make something in a really good material but I'd suggest most would not wish to pay the price it would come out at.

But I'm a strong believer in you get what you pay for but that's not saying bad of other solutions available.

Id like to make something in a really good material but I'd suggest most would not wish to pay the price it would come out at.

But I'm a strong believer in you get what you pay for but that's not saying bad of other solutions available.
can you make hybrids with titanium turbine?

Yes and Ceramic if wanted in theory. But really costs would be extreme !!!!!!

and the titanium turbine cost? the weight will be very reduced, great spool
the turbine heat shield in Ceramic can be a great mod???

I dont have prices too share but would cost more then you or others would pay I think.. Thousands of euro

No I mean turbine in ceramic. We have at TTE HQ from F1 turbocharger

Last edited:
Can't you just buy 50 chinafolds and stick them on your fancy CNC to work the collector......

and yet I have some here.............. go figure.

and before folks contact me, NO they are not for resale, they're raw castings un-badgered currently... When I have time, a few more may trickle out. There needs to be a reliable manifold solution for k04 setups.... and this despite its supply chain issues, it remains the only one which ticks the reliability and performance boxes. I use my gen2 on my own customer builds.

Reactions: westcoast a3
Still no results on the TTE360? It's the only available GOOD hybrid at the moment but there's hardly any data on it :(!

Reactions: TTE Si and IPG
It is the only good one, Dan announced a week ago that he is no longer making turbos for the 1.8T platform.

Still no results on the TTE360? It's the only available GOOD hybrid at the moment but there's hardly any data on it :(!

I look at others offerings and agree in some ways:salute: but as yet no results.

Im looking for a proven car/set up in the UK and will offer a good discount for a partner

Last edited:
A better comparsion of stock K04 Cast vs TTE360 BWTS billet compressor (before we modify)

Last edited:

no results and yet you class it as the ONLY good option. lol
what a dope

Si when are results likely I've no longer got a 1.8t (thank god) but I'm still interested in this

Reactions: Pedrosousa
no results and yet you class it as the ONLY good option. lol
what a dope..

Si when are results likely I've no longer got a 1.8t (thank god) but I'm still interested in this

A dope with some of the strongest cars and turbos in VAG and many other platforms BMW, AMG, NISSAN, FORD, PORSCHE On and on for years... I think if you look at link to the side, the few of many results actully shared speak volumes :blahblah1: : http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/forums/the-turbo-engineers-tte.320/
(sorry if sounds big headed but is facts)

My comment was in jest as banter as see others promoting in the thread, just a little fun.. I know turbos my friend results always come. :yahoo:some just take a while is all..
Few more been shipped out to cars of differant spec and and now waiting on independent results.

Last edited:
If you want unproven vendors then sure look else where.
And again...

I'm not looking to start trouble, was just hoping to point out that the "tone" of your communication causes polarization within your potential customer base. A more approachable presentation of yourself and your products to the public may lead to increased sales revenue, which seems to be your main reason for participating on this forum.

And again...

I'm not looking to start trouble, was just hoping to point out that the "tone" of your communication causes polarization within your potential customer base. A more approachable presentation of yourself and your products to the public may lead to increased sales revenue, which seems to be your main reason for participating on this forum.

Well sorry but ive no time to write too not hurt every ones feelings. My time is limited and i spread myself thin and write fast.. as work many places other then this forum. You maybe dont like my style..but well many do and I sell much. As said cant win them all, and i mean no disrespect but i do very well at my job and so do TTE.

Last edited:
A dope with some of the strongest cars and turbos in VAG and many other platforms BMW, AMG, NISSAN, FORD, PORSCHE On and on for years... I think if you look at link to the side, the few of many results actully shared speak volumes :blahblah1: : http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/forums/the-turbo-engineers-tte.320/
(sorry if sounds big headed but is facts)

My comment was in jest as banter as see others promoting in the thread, just a little fun.. I know turbos my friend results always come. :yahoo:some just take a while is all..
Few more been shipped out to cars of differant spec and and now waiting on independent results.

You never said what I quoted???
I'm confused???
as I say I genuinely hope you nailed it.
confidence is great.
but it's defo time you put some results down. hurry up!;)

Reactions: TTE Si
You never said what I quoted???
I'm confused???
as I say I genuinely hope you nailed it.
confidence is great.
but it's defo time you put some results down. hurry up!;)
Its cool Daz! lol im confused too.. i never took as negative

Damn these newbies and their unrealistic build times.
This threads been a joke tbh.
All the talk
None of the walk

Reactions: hydro s3, scotty_24, westcoast a3 and 1 other person
:sign wow::sign wow::sign wow::sign wow::sign wow::sign wow::sign wow::sign wow::sign wow::sign wow:
so TTE360 its not good? 11 month to tunning i believe its a lot.

All hybrid threads are like this

Something like this before testing

Our hybrid id going to be the best. The only one to make high power.
Makes the others look stupid

After testing the realisation its not

2016 09 05 07 35 11 595188863

Head buried in sand situation.
Looks like TTE is owning the TFSI market... fair play some really good results.

1.8T world still belongs to BBT AET etc etc

Reactions: daz-20vt
Something like this before testing

Our hybrid id going to be the best. The only one to make high power.
Makes the others look stupid

After testing the realisation its not

View attachment 102275

Its not just the turbo that makes power... it is part of the whole thing...

There is no doubt that these turbos are capable but the reality is the rest of the setup generally isn't

Have seen this far too many times and people just focus on the bit they think (naively) that 'makes' the power which is the turbo and don't think about how tired the engine is or how small the FMIC is or a ream of other things that all affect potential for power... its this that ends up getting blown out of all proportion and ultimately leads to discussions like this.

Its the sum of parts that make power not just the one component... having had this myself in my GT30 days with my more tired than I realised engine and compromised components like the log manifold etc.. in fact the car it was fitted to after I sold it on made more power than mine ever did using a std S3 inlet manifold...

Turbo setups are very sensitive to hardware issues... hybrids more so it seems... this is why when I did my GT35 setup and made no compromise on build... the most influential part is the condition of the engine itself more so its ability to keep all the air the turbo has produced in the cylinder... even re-ringed engines will have a degree of blow by still...

Headline figures still appear to be the exception rather than the rule but that doesn't make the turbo any less capable

<tuffty/>

Reactions: TTE Si, snowy and S3Alex
100% aggree Tuffty.

"Im going to fit a hybrid and get xxx BHP" Strap a load of mods to it. Disappointment when it doesnt make the nunbers. If the thing your strapping all the bits to isnt healthy, your urinating into the wind from day one.

Mines a perfect example.

All hybrid mods, new rings etc. 308 bhp. Getting too hot and not tolerating timing.

Fault finding, low compression.... cylinder head hairline cracks. Refurbed head with supertech valves..... Back to Bill and boom 335 BHP no map tweak.
Map tweak and 342 BHP.

People need to realize that the turbo is just one component. You cant say "fit this and you will get xxx BHP". Its the full package.

This TTE360 probably has potential...... on the right car

Reactions: hydro s3, TTE Si and S3Alex
Looks like TTE is owning the TFSI market... fair play some really good results.

1.8T world still belongs to BBT AET etc etc

You're right.....the TTE hybrids are doing well in the TFSi world,and overall getting good results.

There is no doubt that these turbos are capable but the reality is the rest of the setup generally isn't

Have seen this far too many times and people just focus on the bit they think (naively) that 'makes' the power which is the turbo and don't think about how tired the engine is or how small the FMIC is or a ream of other things that all affect potential for power... its this that ends up getting blown out of all proportion and ultimately leads to discussions like this.

Its the sum of parts that make power not just the one component... having had this myself in my GT30 days with my more tired than I realised engine and compromised components like the log manifold etc.. in fact the car it was fitted to after I sold it on made more power than mine ever did using a std S3 inlet manifold...

Turbo setups are very sensitive to hardware issues... hybrids more so it seems... this is why when I did my GT35 setup and made no compromise on build... the most influential part is the condition of the engine itself more so its ability to keep all the air the turbo has produced in the cylinder... even re-ringed engines will have a degree of blow by still...

Headline figures still appear to be the exception rather than the rule but that doesn't make the turbo any less capable

<tuffty/>

Exactly.....people think that bolting a bigger turbo on will automatically mean more power,better this and that,without realising that its the sum of the parts that counts.

With the GTX30 turbos on mine,it turned out that the biggest problem areas were(in no particular order):

Log type exhaust manifold(due to one of the few turbo kits available at the original build)

Old Milltek exhaust.

Stock ECU

Once all of those had been solved,there was a load more power,and smoother running.

Reactions: snowy

<tuffty/>

Yeh of course.
But when talking hybrids the hardware is usually the same down to 1 or 2 options.
Not to mention TTE made it very clearbon their choice of hardware.

IE nothing bill makes or his mapping.
Which when bills manifold and tip were proven the best already puts the turbo on its back foot.

TTE biggest problem was they came in primed up ready for a fight and they have made stupid choices since cutting their noses to spite their face.

I agree the turbo "might" be capable but as you say with limited hardware and choosing the lower spec stuff because of a problem with the maker killed the TTE360 dead.
And still no results!!!!

Essentially tuffty you were proving my point. You cant sell a turbo that produces 360bhp if you know damn well theres no supporting mods to guarantee these results

Scotty you have said the famous cliche.
The turbo will make power on the "right" car

What a get out clause that is.
It only made 330
Must be the car .
Joke