New 1.8 TFSi Engine in Price Lists

BK1

Reaction score
Just looking at the new brochure on the Audi site and saw there is now a 1.8 TFSi petrol available also shows that the S-tronic transmission is possible with it. Does anyone know anymore about this engine i.e. where VAG have used it before?

Whoa! Where the hell did that engine come from? Not heard *anything* about that before.

i assume audi believe people won't buy an audi with the 1.4TSI VW engine then. seems to compete very closely with it.

They'll probably wait a bit to see what the takeup of the 1.4TSI Golf is before making any decisions but I wouldn't be at all surprised if people were put off by buying an A3 with a 1.4 engine, no matter how powerful or clever it is.

Ignorant maybe, but no different than the syndrome which saw shedloads of customers buying P4 computers because of their manic clock speeds, refusing to believe that a slower-clocked AMD machine would be as fast.

I really don't see the point of that 1.4Tsi engine.
It's all very clever,but it doesn't seem to offer any advantage.
It's CO2 rating is as bad as the bigger engines,so there is no saving on roadtax or company car tax.
Maybe makes more sense in other countries,where engine capacity is more important than CO2 rating,but it makes ******-all sense here.

maybe no saving in roadtax in england but there is a saving to be made in ireland with the tax and insurance.. I'd buy the tsi if it was available especially the 200 brake version if it ever makes production