New 1.6Tdi Mpg

shocked to see 22mpg from my 1.6tdi the other morning after a 5mile commute to work. it was early in the morning and it was freezing. heating max on everything

on summer days the same commute is 57mpg but my god what a weak engine

shocked to see 22mpg from my 1.6tdi the other morning after a 5mile commute to work. it was early in the morning and it was freezing. heating max on everything

i have to be RAGGING my car to see fuel economy figures that low... and i drive a 2.0T (petrol)

I thought I would up-date this post after an interesting few months. I'm still getting disastrous mpg's, currently sitting at 47mpg on journeys of 100 mls plus, average speed of 35/40mph. I have been negotiating with Audi UK over the issue and must say Saqib Mughal Audi Customer Relations Manager has been very helpful. However I have been bitterly disappointed with my Local dealership 'Lomond Audi'.

My car has had a good few Diagnostic checks with all coming back with no irregularities!!! however, sometimes the car returns low mpg, i.e. 42 ish with very poor acceleration, other days it's sitting at 50 'ish with excellent acceleration :(

Can anyone suggest why there should be such high irregularities?

Found this little gem on VW AUDI Forum - VWAF
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=112464
Shame Audi they didn't release that info until after I bought my 1.6 Cabriolet, I'm only meant to be getting 55 according to this!

But that does tie in, depending upon how late for work I am I get between 50 to 60, best ever being 64 when I drove like granny just to see what it could do.

Found this little gem on VW AUDI Forum - VWAF
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=112464
Shame Audi they didn't release that info until after I bought my 1.6 Cabriolet, I'm only meant to be getting 55 according to this!

But that does tie in, depending upon how late for work I am I get between 50 to 60, best ever being 64 when I drove like granny just to see what it could do.

Great engine . As good as the old 1.9 with 105bhp and 55+mpg... Hate the Stop/Fart system though.

Its got good potential I think, my engines still loosening up and as it is the fuel consumption is still improving.

Hopefully the chip tuners will have sussed how to get past the security on the engine ECU by the time the warrantee runs out, an extra 25-30hp would be nice and I suspect could help fuel economy.