1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never rains

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by redevo1, Jun 27, 2007.

1. redevo1

redevo1 Member

[Jun 27, 2007]
    Bloody cars!! Just booked the Audi in for a service and on top off that needs a new crank seal so it's going to cost around the £500 with everything sevice included.:rtfm:
    And on top off this my STI needs a re-map to pass it's emissions on it's M.O.T! Which is prob going to be £500 plus then another M.O.T!! Bloody cars might start biking the 80 miles round trip to work.:weight_lift2:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 27, 2014]

3. jcb

jcb Active Member VCDS Map User

[Jun 29, 2007]
    £500 for that doesn't sound to bad at Audi prices! still wouldn't pay them to do that though!
  4. doeboy

doeboy Member

[Jun 29, 2007]
    Hey stop whining. Your not paying out £1000 to repair a gearbox on an S4 you bought 5 days ago! count yourself lucky!
  5. redevo1

redevo1 Member

[Jun 29, 2007]
    If it makes you feel any better bud the two are going to cost over a grand to get sorted. But I really feel for you been there done that bought a Car only to find it needs big money spent bringing up to scratch. Bough an Integrale Evo that I had a month or so then needed a complete gearbox rebuild, bought a GTI 6 that turned out the rear Axle was shafted, And this Scooby is going to cost a bit to get through it M.O,T and that's after I've just spent a grand on brake up grade and decent Exhaust.:faint: :jester:
  6. doeboy

doeboy Member

[Jun 29, 2007]
    tell me about it. This s4 isn't the cleanest, i could list all the reasons. It needs a new exhaust for start and looks like the stem seals are shot, they're letting oil through and giving a nice blue haze on startup, thats another £500 so i hear your pain.

Added to that i had to watch An 1999 s4 sell for 4600 on ebay last night because my wife banned me from bidding for that one with the view to selling the red one. I spoke to the guy and if as described it was mint! Oh well