Never knew Audi made gold A4's!

All pre facelifts have a metal backing to the blooming seats....was to stop people you have kidnapped from escaping /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mine is a facelift!

I think they made it an option at the time, Circa £100 if you wanted them folding /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Kev.

[ QUOTE ]
I wish i had folding seats : :-(

[/ QUOTE ]

having slit rears must be the most stooooooooooooooooopid option audi have ever done.

All that bootspace in a saloon A4, and you just cant use it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

It's a bit like when I ordered my new A3... Front floor mats standard, rears £35 optional - on a £21,000 car!

It's not stupid, it's money grabbing.

Kev.

That is quite cheeky, surely a wise dealer would throw them in....Most dealers i have been to with my parents have given some sort of 'extras'. Or they are just taking it out to begin with and pretending to add it the fackers!

Well, I did get a discount, but that's from the dealer - surely it's Audi UK that set the spec and the options - as I say - just ways to grab money!

Kev.

Not sure I like that...

Love those Recaros though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif They're different to mine although they do have the same cloth trim to the centre of the seats... does anyone know if they were an option?

Folding rear seats were definitely an option. I've had two facelift B5s. The first one didn't have the, the current one does.

If you want split-folding rear seats as standard then all you have to do is buy an Avant /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Mine doesn't have folding rear seats and it P!$$E$ me off also. I never even thought to check when I bought the car as I assumed any decent car would have them as standard. Can't even get a snowboard in the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

They maybe an option but at least they're lockable, that's a nice touch so if some fecker breaks a window he can't get to the stuff in the boot.

Looks nice in Gold...Theres a B6 Cab near me thats the same colour looks mint!

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure I like that...

Love those Recaros though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif They're different to mine although they do have the same cloth trim to the centre of the seats... does anyone know if they were an option?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah they were an option, one guy on here had them on his car. I think it was Derek but i never see him on here now.

Cheers.

Off topic but there was a gripe with having no ski hatch

If you have a rear armrest Take the back seats out and the metal section behind the armrest is "perforated" most of it is cut away leaving 6 tabs holding the section behind the armrest in. you can cut through with tinsnips or a hacksaw.

Remove the trim behind the armrest from the rear seat. Its hooked in from behind

Trim the outside of the metal with some carpet as it remains visable when you put the seat back in.

You could even make a cover to slide in and cover the hole using the fabric removed from the seat if you like having the armrest down

Hey presto a Ski Hatch

I did it to get more bass through from the boot so i used acoustic carpet and covered the hole completely making mine as useless as it always was.

nasty colour.

The recaros, im pretty sure are not original - Dont think they were even an option!? They are the same design as the S3/RS4 and new S4 seats

Rich

Yeah I had a feeling they were an option since, as I said above, they have the same cloth trim. I know this could easily have been added to any aftermarket set of Recaros but if you were to trim them to your own spec. then I wouldn't have thought the original trim would have been the first choice, it's not really that nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Again, echoing my earlier comments and those of others, I really don't like that colour... yuk!

I remember the split rear seats became standard on the 99.5 across the "SE" range and quattro models. Around that time, UK customers demanded that car companies (not just Audi) to lower their prices because we've been overcharged compared to other European countries. Evidently, when Audi lowered their prices for the facelifted A4 (sometime in 2000) they also deleted split rear seats, arm rest and auto-dimming mirror at the same time (edit: across the SE range). They later became options.

I rarely use the split rear seats but they become very useful for carrying long/bulky objects.

I think the centre armrest was always an option... unless it was standard on certain models (SE maybe, as you say). I know I don't have one...