1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neuspeed Xtreme Turbo Intake Pipe

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by simon_golf_tt, Aug 1, 2005.

1. simon_golf_tt

simon_golf_tt Member

[Aug 1, 2005]
    My latest mod fitted this weekend was a Neuspeed Turbo Intake pipe. I have been in the market for one of these since my OE TIP started collapsing after my remap. I modified the OE pipe to help stop it collapsing but a long term fix was to get an aftermarket TIP. There are several to choose from but I didn't fancy spending £500 for one of the solid ones. Luckily for me, Markey from the B5 forum was selling his almost new TIP, due to selling his A4. So I got a good deal!!
    Cheers Markey /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

The pipe seems to have made a positive difference, the car pulls stronger. The pipe is not collapsing either.

Here are a few piccies.

This compares OE TIP and Neuspeed TIP:

[​IMG]

The Xtreme Velocity Adaptor:

[​IMG]

The Xtreme Velocity Adaptor fitted to the turbo:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The pipe in situ:

[​IMG]

That's me done modding for a while - at least I keep telling myself this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. imported_bubstar

imported_bubstar Guest

[Aug 1, 2005]
    Looks good mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

I wondered how the samco hoses attached to the turbo - you've answered that one for me now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

Do samco supply that alloy adaptor with their hose?

The Oettinger one had the same kind of adaptor.

Glad you've got it sorted now.

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  4. simon_golf_tt

simon_golf_tt Member

[Aug 1, 2005]
    Cheers Bub

The adapter comes with the hose, but it's actually neuspeed that sell the hose kit, though Samco must make the actual hose part.

Neuspeed

Samco also make a direct replacement for the A4 hose which attaches as the original and is therefore a smaller diameter at the turbo inlet compared to the Neuspeed one. It's also a good bit cheaper than the Neuspeed one.

Taking the headlamp out certainly helps when fitting the kit, though space is at a premium with the increased diameter hose /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
  5. imported_bubstar

imported_bubstar Guest

[Aug 1, 2005]

Ok .... I wonder why Samco don't do that hose - must be some sort of copyright issue? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    Taking the headlamp out certainly helps when fitting the kit, though space is at a premium with the increased diameter hose

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah The Oettinger alloy one was a tight fit - BUT I left the headlamp in place /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10_1_114.gif

BUB
  6. kenny_boon

kenny_boon Member

[Aug 1, 2005]
    looks great! top job my friend

would that pipe fit my 2004 quattro s-line? any UK suppliers of this part?
  7. simon_golf_tt

simon_golf_tt Member

[Aug 2, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    looks great! top job my friend

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers Kenny - see you're down to one post since the reboot - bummer!

[ QUOTE ]
    would that pipe fit my 2004 quattro s-line? any UK suppliers of this part?

[/ QUOTE ]

You get an extra adapter pipe or something for post 2004 cars, so yes it would fit but you may need this extra adapter pipe. Have a look at Neuspeeds web page - it details this. Star Performance gave me a quote of £225+vat for the pipe. Markey got it from Awesome GTI Store and said it cost him £280.
  8. imported_bubstar

imported_bubstar Guest

[Aug 2, 2005]

-----------------------------------------------------------------Welcome back Kenny ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif---------------------------------------------------

[ QUOTE ]
    Star Performance gave me a quote of £225+vat for the pipe. Markey got it from Awesome GTI Store and said it cost him £280.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good price Simon . The OCT cast alloy one I saw at Star was also pretty tasty but I think Jim said it was over £300............. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Still £200 less than my Oettinger one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

BUB
    olly quattro likes this.
  9. simon_golf_tt

simon_golf_tt Member

[Aug 2, 2005]
    Well my second hand one from Markey was a bargain at £120 - so can't complain!!
  10. kenny_boon

kenny_boon Member

[Aug 2, 2005]
    thanks guys, i had to re register to get back on here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    back now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  11. kenny_boon

kenny_boon Member

12. imported_bubstar

imported_bubstar Guest

[Aug 2, 2005]
  13. kenny_boon

kenny_boon Member

[Aug 2, 2005]
    yeah i heard samco were, i emailed them and they said the would be, they wanted the OE part number to check tho