1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netflix or LoveFilm?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jojo, Feb 21, 2013.

1. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Feb 21, 2013]
    Anyone use either of these?

I've been using Netflix for free for the last 3 months or so, but the username and password has expired on my mates account! lol

I found the film library a bit limited, but there was the occasional film I would watch if I came across it. Looking at LoveFilm, they seem to be more up to date, anyone have a LoveFilm account, feedback?

I'm using my ipad and iphone to watch these.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 1, 2014]

3. dzTT

dzTT Active Member

[Feb 22, 2013]
    I had LoveFilm, thought it was ****. They didn't really explain anything to you when you first took it out. As they only let you have one film at a time (on DVD anyway) I ordered all of the Godfather/Scarface as I wanted to watch them all over one weekend. One came instantly and after 2 months of waiting for the others I got fed up and sent it back then one other film arrived.

It was also a bugger to cancel and they wouldn't accept that I was leaving so I ended up having to just cancel the direct debit.

Might be different if your watching digital versions of the films however but I have no experience of that.

My mates got Netflix now and he loves it having moved there from LoveFilm
  4. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Feb 22, 2013]
    To get more than 1 disc at a time you to be on better package. I'm on an old package which allows me to have 4 discs at home at anyone time. I also get the streaming version and it's OK there are newish films to watch, but if you want the latest & greatest then you have to pay extra. Have to say when I looked at netflix I found to very limiting.
  5. coatesy

coatesy poking badgers with spoons

[Feb 22, 2013]
    i pay 11 quid a month and get unlimited watch online and two films and at at one time as well as xbox or ps3 games. there film library is way better than netflix.
  6. Crazyfool

Crazyfool Lead boot

[Feb 24, 2013]
    I've got the basic Lovefilm package which is 2 blurays per month. I haven't used the online service. We've had a lot of damaged discs, but I just keep complaining the eventually get one for free. I've also had a free months rental.

They have a good selection of movies. I don't bother with series because aparently they don't send them in order.
  7. Westy_A3T

Westy_A3T Member

[Feb 24, 2013]
    I'm coming to the end of the free trial for Netflix and i'm only using it for tv shows.
  8. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Feb 24, 2013]
    I'm more after the instant streaming side of things, can't really be bothered with Dvd's sending them back etc.
  9. missile

missile Member

[Apr 4, 2013]
    I love Lovefilm <LOL>

Their library is far better than Netflix, which seems to have more kids titles.

I find the series come do come in order. There are some series I missed on TV available on line, e.g. Life on Mars and The Shield.
  10. hughjass

hughjass Is there somefin in my teef?

[Apr 4, 2013]
    Netflix is my choice.

Great for the kids, they will watch same film a few times anyway so no probs with available films, yet anyhoos.
  11. _G_

_G_ Active Member

[Apr 4, 2013]
    +1

LoveFilm customer service seemed non existent and when I did get through they tried to golden cuff me into staying longer by reading out some T'c and C's over the phone which I had never received. Tried Netflix too but tbh most things can be found on stream these days and elsewhere if you know what I mean.
  12. hughjass

hughjass Is there somefin in my teef?

[Apr 4, 2013]
    ^^^^
    +1

Also, I what ya mean. Lol