NEO GEO X and other gaming devices

Raiden

Reaction score
At the moment i'm having my back room getting rebuilt and the mrs said do what you want with it. Now due to lack of time I don't really play games much and my last console was a xbox 360.

Thought about getting a PS4 or new xbox with a big 4k or plasma tv but I thought that's a lot of money for something I don't use a lot tho I bet my niece and nephew will like it along with there mates.

My mates do a lot of PC gaming which looks cool but it sounds to time consuming and I can see why there all single and live at home still in there 30's so not sure on that

A mate of mine has offered to build me a full size arcade machine with a raspberry pi which I like the idea but means standing up all the time to play it.

So after looking what's about online I was thinking back to when I was a teenager and wanting a NEO GEO but they where stupid money. Looked at getting a pocket colour just to play now and again but it turns out they brought out this 'X' device a few years ago and its only just been discontinued this year. Looks OK to me but its got mixed reviews? Anyone got one or played it? I like the idea I can play it at home and on the go.

Hard core fans say it rubbish but people that didn't really play it (like me) say its good. CEX have one left for £180 otherwise people are selling them used for £300-700 so wondering if its worth a punt or a waste of money. If i'm honest I wanted something that will play 'street fighter' but the closest SNK done was 'fatal fury' or 'king of the fighters'

The hard fans say buy a PSP and hack it but I don't think you can hook it up to the TV? I have no clue when it comes to technical specs. I just want something to play casually and that's not complicated