Negotiating a deal on an S3 Sportback

amorgo

Reaction score
Hello everyone, recently joined the forum as I have been seriously looking into buying the new S3 sportback.

The fact this will be my first ever brand new car and only being a young lad (22), I am slightly nervous about getting the dealer to take me seriously and negotiate myself a good deal.

Looking to get myself a reasonable spec - comfort pack, B&O, interior lights, tech pack, sports seats, privacy glass, park assist, advanced key. The car will be on finance with me part ex'ing my fiesta.

I have spoke with Dundee Audi over the phone and plan on seeing them next week. Intended to use their quote against Edinburgh Audi as they are part of separate groups.

Any advice or encouragement would be greatly appreciated!

I got a price from Orange wheels. Then went for a test drive at local dealer. Sat down with him went through all the options and he gave me his best price. I said can you go lower (asked to come down to Orange wheels price) and he said no. So I said, ok thanks and walked away there and then. Bought via orange wheels for the price quoted and didn't have any problems

Anywhere north of 7% discount seems to be considered a good deal.

edit: nice spec for a young lad - fair play to you!!

I got a price from Orange wheels. Then went for a test drive at local dealer. Sat down with him went through all the options and he gave me his best price. I said can you go lower (asked to come down to Orange wheels price) and he said no. So I said, ok thanks and walked away there and then. Bought via orange wheels for the price quoted and didn't have any problems

Thanks, will have a look! How exactly does orange wheels work? Heard of it before but a bit confused how it works!

Anywhere north of 7% discount seems to be considered a good deal.

edit: nice spec for a young lad - fair play to you!!

I will try my best! Would be happy with any discount!

Thanks mate, been saving towards a (realistic) dream car for a while. Always fancied the S3, hopefully now is the time!

You get the price off orange wheels, contact them with your details, he'll ring you with the exact details and if you give the go ahead he'll put the dealer in touch and that's about it. I was going to order through them until my local dealer beat their price.

Thanks, will have a look! How exactly does orange wheels work? Heard of it before but a bit confused how it works!

I will try my best! Would be happy with any discount!

Thanks mate, been saving towards a (realistic) dream car for a while. Always fancied the S3, hopefully now is the time!

Orange wheels is basically a referral website. They take your details, spec etc and forward it to an Audi dealership they work with. My experience was it goes via their company car guy rather than their showroom sales guys. So rather than having to wow you with cups of tea and all those bells and whistles, you say what you want and sign on the dotted line.

I just found it hard to belive my local dealer turned away a cash buyer on a £35k car!

Sounds much better than going via the showroom guys. I had a demo for 2 days a few weeks back through my work. Was specced up as you would expect so I'm pretty confident on what spec I want on mine. Suppose a wee test drive wouldn't go a miss!!

Are these places only for cash buyers or is finance available as well?

They just broker you to a dealer so all the usual dealer stuff (like finance) is available AFAIK.

I know it's a bit of a Trek to collect for you - but try Milton Keynes Audi. They're quite receptive to offering discounts :)

I managed just over 9% without any hassle.

They just broker you to a dealer so all the usual dealer stuff (like finance) is available AFAIK.

Ah ok, perfect. Will give orange wheels a wee go tomorrow.

I know it's a bit of a Trek to collect for you - but try Milton Keynes Audi. They're quite receptive to offering discounts :)

I managed just over 9% without any hassle.

Definitely worth a go. Suppose they might be more willing with discount if I am travelling down!

Also, it would be an excellent drive home with my new car :)

Ah ok, perfect. Will give orange wheels a wee go tomorrow.

Definitely worth a go. Suppose they might be more willing with discount if I am travelling down!

Also, it would be an excellent drive home with my new car :)

Make sure you try drivethedeal too - they work in an identical way to Orangewheels, they just put you in contact with the dealer and you deal direct with audi! :) I have bought 2 cars using them - they are generally the best discount

Make sure you try drivethedeal too - they work in an identical way to Orangewheels, they just put you in contact with the dealer and you deal direct with audi! :) I have bought 2 cars using them - they are generally the best discount

Yeah will do, cheers :)

How did you get on? I am also looking at pushing the button on a new S3... have been to the dealer and had a test drive and come away to think about and was googling about drive the deal...

Also interested to know what sort of lead time where they talking of? I was quoted October.

Think 5% is easily achievable. I managed 6% - Audi are also quite good at messing around with trade in values to sweeten deals.

I looked at drive the deal and they were offering I think 10% in January but the dealer I was put in touch with was in Kings Lynn. Serious distance for me. The sales guy I spoke to me was really honest and said due to their location they do it to generate more sales and keep allocation strong. They still quoted June delivery....

There's a few of us up in Aberdeen either ordered or already have S3's.

Most of us have managed 7/8% discount without too much hassle.

It's more than likely worth a call. Chris Davidson is the guy I dealt with although others all seem to have had discount with different sales guys.

Worth a shot I would think.

Ditch the Scottish dealers, I found them difficult and poor. I travelled down to Crewe to get a better deal

Where about in Fife you from buddy?

When I was 20 Edinburgh, Ayr and Glasgow all laughed at me when I went in and spec'd a Black Edition up. Scottish dealers are noobs, in the end I used DriveTheDeal and as a result had been through them a good few times since.

As Kenny says, forget about Scotland and get yourself hooked up with a dealer down south, you won't regret it!

I would agree with the Scottish dealers are crap theory,especially Ayr and Glasgow!!!!
My daughter wanted an A1 and we went to both Ayr and Glasgow to be told that's the price take it or leave it !!!!
So I left it!!!!!!!
I then tried to spec the car up on Car Wow got the best price available and then tried Dundee Audi as someone on Scottish Vag recommended them.Emailed all the details on a Saturday night,by 1130am on Sunday morning I had a reply and a phone call detailing what was available and what sort of deal could be done.To be honest they bent over backwards to get the business and I did everything by email and telephone ,first time we stepped in the dealership was to pick up the car.i couldn't fault them and I would definitely use them again.

Think 5% is easily achievable. I managed 6% - Audi are also quite good at messing around with trade in values to sweeten deals.

I looked at drive the deal and they were offering I think 10% in January but the dealer I was put in touch with was in Kings Lynn. Serious distance for me. The sales guy I spoke to me was really honest and said due to their location they do it to generate more sales and keep allocation strong. They still quoted June delivery....

Thanks for the info, can't believe it takes that long, I don't really have anything to trade, Kings Lynn would be a trek for me as well...

Drivethedeal!!! They are doing 10% now -definitely the best way to go...