1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Needs Explain Please

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by oldcar, Aug 27, 2014.

1. oldcar

oldcar New Member

[Aug 27, 2014]
    Hi folks, Last week my 2001 s3 had the radiator return connector replaced, after 11 years, the plastic went brittle and snapped. The low coolant alarm went off, luckly there were no overheating issues, teh temp stayed normal-90C. Since the connector replaced, every cold start, I need press the clutch in otherwise the engine will stall. The first 100m, the throttle tends to jump and some kind of blockage in exhaust. But after(100m) that, the car behaves normal, even I shut down and restart the car.

My question is what is wrong now/?? is the jumping caused by air in the water??? or faulty sensor??which one? Anyone have the same issue please share your experince/advice. I just thought its something to do with temperature/?// thanks very much.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. oldcar

oldcar New Member

[Aug 28, 2014]
    Folks, I fixed the problem this morning.....guess what, I have changed the spring in the diverter valve and now its one start. The sping I had befroe must went too stiff when in cold night and this explains why when the car warmed up-the spring goes softer. After all, its my own fault trail and error. Thanks for watching my post.