1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Needle sweep

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by faisal_16, Mar 7, 2013.

1. faisal_16

faisal_16 Member

I know it's very early days and the chances of someone having already done this are slim, but does anybody know if this can be activated by VCDS?
    XXXCorps likes this.
  2. XXXCorps

XXXCorps Member

It can be on an A1 as I had it done on mine; if someone can do it I will be employing their services rest assured...
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  3. faisal_16

faisal_16 Member

Sounds promising! I've just google'd the coding for the A1 and seen that hill hold assist and auto dip of the passenger mirror in reverse can be coded in via VCDS as well which would be fantastic if possible on the A3
  4. number3

number3 Member

having never gone down this route for any of my cars, what does coding the VCDs actually entail? Are there many options that's can be released doing this?

mark.
  5. XXXCorps

XXXCorps Member

You might want to PM NHN and ask him. He does VCDS coding and might have an idea what can and can't be done. Basically though there are many features of your car that are optional extras that literally just need 'switching on'.
  6. Mikejefferson

Mikejefferson New Member

This thread interests me a lot! So does anyone know which optional extras can be added this way for the new A3 yet? Is it easy/fairly cheap to do?
  7. number3

number3 Member

Guys, I've popped an older thread to the top of the list where some of these questions had been asked before, thread title is VCDS !