1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Needing advice on what to do!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Mr.G, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Mr.G

Mr.G Active Member

[Sep 18, 2009]
    Hi all!

My exhaust is on it's way out i think, it's getting louder and has started blowing.

So my question would be do i get a Milltek or standard exhaust as a replacement. I've read that millteks don't sit right and no performance gains can be seen in the "real" world. Whats the point in spending £450 on a stainless exhaust when a standard one might be cheaper?

What are your views.?

Thanks in advance!

G
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

[Sep 18, 2009]
    Go blueflame :).
  4. Westy

Westy Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

[Sep 19, 2009]
    Personally I'd stay standard mate. It'll fit properly and be cheaper. I'm anti after-market exhausts ever since I had a 4" rolled scorpion on my renault 5 turbo :respekt:
    Rattled like ****!
  5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Sep 19, 2009]
    TBH westle is right & unless you have a 300-400bhp monster, then stock is perfectly ok for back pressures, I ran 275 S3 for 7 years & never felt need for milltek, check ebay aswell or breakers for used S3 exhaust.
  6. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 19, 2009]
    I went with a Milltek because it was the same price as a stock replacement and is guaranteed for life. Oh and it sounds meaty, not loud just nice.
  7. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Sep 19, 2009]
    This is true if buying new from audi, thus would buy milltek in this situation
  8. Nige P

Nige P Member

[Sep 19, 2009]
    Milteks get a lot of stick for 'not fitting right' but that is down to the fitter not the system. I have had one on my Corrado VR6 and now on my A4 2.8, both NA so no increase in bhp but a big increase in driveability as the engine can breath instead of feeling asthmatic
  9. Mr.G

Mr.G Active Member

[Sep 19, 2009]
    Morning.

Thanks for the replies and advice lads. So if i was to go milltek, what company would you suggest to fit it for me? Someone who's obviously clued up on fitting these and getting them to sit right!

Or do i order it and fit via a local garage? Where's the best place to purchase from?

I must admit i like the idea of a stainless cat back system. I appreciate all the advice lads, really! So thanks once again. Nothing like an informed decision is there! :)

G
  10. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

11. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

12. cabby86

cabby86 Member

[Sep 20, 2009]
    I have had the same dilemma recently and decided to go down the Milltek route, even though my car is standard at the moment. I have gone for a non-res, cat-back system, my cats are on the way out too, but are covered by Audi until April, so i have left them on in the hope that they will go while they are covered!! My exhaust is being fitted by APS tomorrow (www.autops.co.uk), Ed and the guys are fantastic, I have been using them for all my cars since they opened, can't fault the knowledge or service they provide, plus they did me deal including fitting.

Chris