1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Needing a DIS Retrofit

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Woz, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Woz

Woz New Member

[Sep 17, 2012]
    Hi!

Mine's an 08 2.0 TDi 170 SE SB.

I know it's possible to have the DIS retrofitted. I'm just hoping someone can advise me where to have it done.

I'm in Leeds, and would hope to try and get it fitted this week if poss. Don't mind travelling to get the job done.

Regards!
  2. J_V_DUB

J_V_DUB Member

[Sep 17, 2012]
    Welcome to the forum.

Get in touch with Nigel (NHN) on here, he might able to help you or point you in the right direction but from what I remember you need to take it to Audi as no one else will be able to code it for you because of the immobiliser.

Jack
  3. Woz

Woz New Member

[Sep 17, 2012]
    Thanks Jack

I'll give Audi Leeds a ring and find out what they say. Didn't realise I'd need to get it coded.

OK

Gave them a call and basically said that if it hadn't been factory fitted then I was stuck with what I've got!

I mentioned the coding thing and was told that there are people 'out there' that can do it!
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  4. J_V_DUB

J_V_DUB Member

5. Woz

Woz New Member

[Sep 17, 2012]
    That's some reading!

I didn't realise how complicated this mod was. It seems a few others are in the same situation. I don't feel confident enough to go down the same route as NHN. But his looks great!

One thing I have noticed is that some dealers may say one thing while another may say something totally different.

Gonna ring a few more and hope that one comes up trumps!