1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need timing belt and waterpump doing near Manchester ** Any Recommendations **

xtremedetailz Oct 3, 2012

1. xtremedetailz

xtremedetailz Member

As title guys i have a 2006 A3 2.0TDI 170 and just bought it last week, the timing belt needs doing asap but im not paying dealer prices.

Anyone recommend a good garage that can do the job properly and not cost the earth ?

Much appreciated

Thanks

2. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro s tronic Platinum Supporter Audi Main Dealer

Hi, try giving Nathan (user N8) a call. He is a site sponsor on here. Link is below. :)x

Kowalski Details

3. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

4. xtremedetailz

xtremedetailz Member

hey cheers guys...

N8 have you used them before ? I rang them and they said they dont know you... I said you recommended them off here and they still didnt know you lol

Cheers

5. smokeymike

smokeymike Active Member Team Mythos SQ5 owners group

If you can bear to cross the Pennines into Gods own County of Yorkshire, try Autotechnica in Hull. They have a website and have won Audi Driver International awards. I had the same job done on my A4 2.0T 220 and they only charged £350 for the lot. The guys are both ex-Audi Master Technicians so you're in safe hands. It will be worth the petrol cost.

6. dex140

dex140 Member

I paid £250 from volkserve in blackpool, can fault their work!

7. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

No they don't know me yet, but I've had other clients use them and they come highly recommended.

8. murran

murran Well-Known Member

done more than a few on these and 140bhp ones at work. easy job tbh. im not doing anything this sunday......... hint.

9. Tay

Tay Active Member VCDS Map User

I'm looking at where to take mine for the Cambelt and water pump soon, considered Awesome Gti for it as its not too far from home? Has anyone had there's done there?