1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some quick advice on satnav upgrade PLEASE

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Pbowers1979, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Pbowers1979

Pbowers1979 Member

Hi all I own a 2007 Audi 2.0 tdi Quattro. I am currently bidding on a rns-e sat plus. I know there are a few things I need to do before simple plug and play I just need to know if this part number sounds about right for my car 8E0 035 192 Q. I currently have the Audi symphony double din with 6 cd changer. Any help on this would be great as the auction is over soon thanks in advance
  2. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Active Member

An 8E0 prefix RNS-E will physically fit your car OK.

If you have a Symphony II (which has a cassette slot as well as the CD slot) then you'll need a wiring adapter (ISO to Quadlock), a hockey puck GPS antenna and an antenna adapter, but if you have a Symphony II+ then you won't need any adapters as it will plug directly into your existing wiring so you'll only need the hockey puck GPS antenna.

The downside of the Symphony II+ retrofit is that the antenna deiversity system is different to that used by the RNS-E so you will get some antenna fault codes and your radio will not be quite as sensitive.