Need some advice

john2garden

Gonad
Reaction score
Hello chaps, I have currently got my car up for sale and a guy is really interested. However, he wants me to send him the vin number and also the reg because he wants to do checks on it. I am a bit worried about him cloning my car but perhaps I am being to over cautious.

What do you lot think?

I personally wouldnt give him my Vin Number until he actually comes and see's it because he'll see it then,
Id give him the Reg but again he'll see it when he looks at it, As he looked at it yet???

No he's thinking about it. Apparently doing some Checks etc. first. He's from Ireland so am a bit wary. Probably be fine but you never know do you?

oh aye we are fecking crooks!

he prob wants to do a HPI check before travelling to see another dodgy english motor :p

oh aye we are fecking crooks!

he prob wants to do a HPI check before travelling to see another dodgy english motor :p

Agreed, to do a full HPI you need the reg & VIN numbers as all your data at the DVLA is registered this way. I would be trusting enough, if the guy wants to buy a car from the UK its a bit of a trek to come over twice!

ahh right so he's in Irleand, can see why now...

Fair point, I was not slagging the Irish I was just a bit cautious that's all.

Anyway the guy seems genuine and says he is coming over on Thursday/Friday so fingers crossed will sell it!

I wouldnt give my VIN over the phone, you can do a HPI on the spot when viewing a car, it takes 15 mins

and after booking flights / ferry etc you find out its a catD no thanks