Need new sump, go standard or baffled????

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
As above.

Anyone have any links or recommened any? The cheaper the better.

Thanks kids.

I bought a sump from tps for £89 plus obviously sealant and bolts ect ect....

but the last baffled one I seen at jbs chesterfield was circa £400?

Sean

The only reason i ask about baffled is im sure i saw a thread not long ago were someone had bought one really cheap.

Also if i go standard carpartsforless have one for £50, think the makes omg, will it be ok to use?

No harm going down the baffled sump root, do you use the car on track? High power? Otherwise can be overkill.

Regular use but car will be tracked and power will be 350-400 when i decide what route to take.

Well i thought i may as well future proof it.

I got a sump of eBay from volkbits.all vw parts for 24 quid. Tuffty showed me the link.

Link dude? Also has it got the oil level sensor hole?

Definately baffled especially as your into your mods (mainly handling which will cause the oil to be chucked about even more so)

On track without a baffled sump I was filling my catch can up every 5 or so laps with oil due to under braking it was sloshing up the front of the block and flowing out the breather :)

For the price of the forge one its a no brainer and like nick said do it once and do it right ;)

Bingo, thanks nicky boy, knew it was a major company that did them.

Both comment are true (nick and stacey) yes the baffled is 3x the price but its future proof. Hows the material lol, wont cross thread easy on the sump plug will it haha.

Byw dont use anything other than oem sump plugs.

the Forge one is very newly released I believe.

I got mine made by Nick at AMD Essex for just over £200, still cheap compared to the BDM or AKS ones, but then the Forge one came along and shocked everyone with the price!

Think itll be the forge one, didnt want to pay that much but makes sense and is far cheaper than thw rest of the market.

Might have been me Dan, i got my jabba baffled sump for £50. Haha bargain!

Yeah second hand, mint condition though. The baffles would be easy to make with sheet ali and then tig'd in.