Hi guys I have an agu 1.8t sport with a stage 1 remap,
a forced air induction kit n a blow off valve it's
running 195 bhp last time I took it on the rollers 2 months ago
but I need to break that 200bhp mark desperately! Still running
a standard exhaust system and have been told that militek
is the way forward? And what could I do to get it up to around
the 220 bhp mark? Also what would I av to upgrade if get it near
that bhp? And does anyone know somewhere on the net where
I can buy decent styling mods? Any feedback would be gr8!

FMIC, injectors,Stage 2 remap, exhaust,high flow cat to start with.That should net around 220 ish max.

Any more than that and you will need a larger turbo, a custom map and all the mods listed above.it's all down to money, do you have a budget?

Na don't really have a budget I would just do it bit by bit.
And forgive me bit new to thus but what's an fmic? N where
would I get all of the above apart from the remap there is a place
near me that does it on the rollers.

What year is your car ? If it's a pre face lift you will have the K03 turbo which runs out of puff at 195bhp, the only way to increase power is to change the turbo...

If however you have a face lift then you would have the K03s turbo in which 200bhp would be broke easily enough with a decent map...

I presume you haave a k03 turbo, as if it was a k03s then the map would of brang it to 210bhp. Youll need the k03s, fmic, ive been told exuast dont do nothing for the car as the power isnt high enough, but cant do any bad, so up to you. Ess ( a member) car showed no gains what so ever with a sports exhaust. People may say it feels more resposnsive, but for £800, youd be better of spending that on a brake upgrade, a TIP, might need injectors and a custom remap. that would costs around £1500. but thats to gwet it to 225bhp with torque figures of 270lb. for like 210 bhp then the fmic isnt really needed as much, nor injectors, nor custom remap, might aswell get a brake upgrade to, does make a difference when giving it some.

It certainly has m8 so what do I need then?

Unfortunately if you want to break the 200bhp mark you'd need to change your turbo from K03 to the newer K03s...you won't make your bench mark otherwise...

It certainly has m8 so what do I need then?

A bigger turbo lol.

No seriously, for the money it will cost you, you are going to see very minimal gains. Probably better off upgrading to a facelift model which will map to 210bhp or even get a quattro sport model with the same turbo.

Only problem with that is I love the car
that I have I don't think I could part with it!
if I could upload some pics I would but I'm here
with my iPhone n it won't let me do it! Where
can I get the parts I need to get it over 200?
N forgive me as I'm new to modifying what's a TIP? Lol
does anyone no any decent styling websites?

Tip= turbo intake pipe

If you love your car which i did my A3 then dont worry to much about the upgrade and make do with your 195bhp, you have the same power I had in my A3 and I loved that car. I also after time wanted more power but the money it would cost to get you there really isn't worth it. I'd save your pennies for a face lift A3 or perhaps an S3...

You could sort the suspension if you haven't already, makes a lot of difference..

Wise words m8! How much are the facelift models
going for cuz I need somethin quicker u no what we're
like when it comes to speed n power lol

I don't no really mate, they do hold there prices pretty well like all A3's, best off checking pistonheads or autotrader... Rough ball park is between £3500-£5000 depending on mileage/year.

Last edited:
I got my qts for 6k its a 52 plate, but that was kinda expensive, i think around £4-5K with the turbo you need init, i saw a 00 plate for £2500 at a garage so you could sell yours for about £2500 but probally get £2000, so might work out cheaper to do the upgrade.

Reckon for the money and the trouble u could get yourself a nice little S3 and go from there

to be honest, ive got a a3, in my eyes all part of the fun getting more power etc, i want to go ko4 next year and about 270 in my a3, yes its going to cost but not a great deal, as much as a s3 etc if you think silocone hoses etc, you would endup wanting on a s3 anyway, just my thoughts, but hey we down to one car now instead of 2 so this is my toy to mess on with and the misus can have somthing newer again later

I would of loved to experience my old A3 with a larger turbo, the weight you save by not having the 4wd would of created an animal of a car, yeah it might be difficult to get the power down initially but once rolling the car would fly...

I have been lookin on auto trader and
there is some decent qts on there for
between 3 n 4 grand so mite jus sell mine
n get one then go nuts with it lol

Rite guys cuz I'm new to this I was wondering if u guys ever
do a meet or cruise n does it matter how
modded ya car is I mean mine ain't standard but it ain't done
up as much some of your cars