Need more cooling for the brakes please

ianhg

Reaction score
Hey guys
I am running a brembo brake setup and have gone through two sets of discs after two sessions on the track and a few high speed runs on a runway.
Now ive ordered some special discs from badger5 to cope but would like to get more cooling into the wheel area.
has anyone ducted any air from the front bumper into the wheels?
thanks in advance

You have removed the inner disc dirt shields I assume?
You have to bend them out of the way to fit the Brembos...but you're better off removing them.

ah good point, they were bent back when the brembos were fitted, cheers
has anyone had any problems running the discs without the dirt shields?

There are no problems...
Mine were off within a week of it being delivered.

My Mk3 has had them removed from the day I picked it up too...no problems.

And you'll not overheat them with the stupid shields gone...at least not nearly so easily.

I removed my heatshields too when i fitted my front brakes too... No problems at all.

I've just put the Brembo set up on mine too from a Cupra R and removed the shields...no probs so far...

I looked at removing the stone guards today on my car, but it appears you have to remove the disc to get to the fixings. Is this what everyone else has done, or is it possible to remove them without removing the disc?

Also has anybody got a diagram of the jacking points on the A3 as I would be using a trolley jack to lift it?

TIA

Just to clarify... the idea is to feed air to to the centre of the disc cooling works by drawing air from the centre out... the porker idea seems ok but with the SMICs in the way (especially on an S3) then this is going to be more for peeps with FMICs fitted... the TTRS scoops idea should work well enough though..

<tuffty/>

I'm waiting for someone to have a try on their 8L S3 first! lol I see it works on the 8P, as the components are the same as a TTRS, where the mod comes from.

I'm going to be poking around underneath my car very soon a.d will take theopportunity to see if our 8L S3 aare similar enough to warrant trying it out. I like the non-intrusive nature of this solution.

I have done 3 trackdays on my existing discs with no problems. I'm very hard on my brakes, even melting the yellow heat paint off the calipers. Ruined my last set of pads alright.
Maybe look at the pads your using, they might be shredding your discs, what brand and model are they ?

Well, no one on heer has tried it - so I've ordered the bits for my car. I'll probably remove the dust shield to increase the effectiveness of the air slide.

Air slide "8P0 863 149 A" and "8P0 863 150A"
Screws 2x "N104 222 03"
Nuts 2x "N 907 611 02"
Case 2x "8J0 864 133 A"

Should arrive in a couple of days

The discs on my car are worn, new one's by Pagid waiting to be fitted, together with fresh fluid. ATE Super Blue.
Pads are original Audi ones.