1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Microsoft Office - nice and cheap

jdp1962 Aug 10, 2011

1. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V6 TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Tornado quattro Black Edition Audi S4 s tronic

I've just bought a new computer, running Windows 7. My old one is XP, and the version of Office that I have running on it is also XP, and I don't think it will run on the new one.

Does anyone know the cheapest way of getting a copy of Office compatible with Windows 7?

2. StateOfPlay

StateOfPlay Well-Known Member

Should still work on Windows 7, I upgraded from XP to 7 last year and I put my office disk in and it works fine.

3. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V6 TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Tornado quattro Black Edition Audi S4 s tronic

Thanks; will give it a go.

4. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

Openoffice.org free!!

5. Keeno

Keeno Spooly Spooly Boosty Boosty!

Dammit! I was gonna say that!

Only downside to openoffice is that you have to convert it to PDF in order to use the files on a PC without openoffice.

6. beanoir

beanoir Large Member

I had an offer at work not long ago where I could buy it for about £30 and it was also eligible for my family and friends. I'll find out tomorrow if the offer is still valid and see if I can help you out.

7. jdp1962

That's kind of you; thank you. I will try loading the old XP version first, though. I plan to spend tomorrow evening setting the new one up and migrating all my stuff from this one.

8. Ads

Ads License to drive

If I was the type of person who promoted piracy.........then this message would be edited

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2011
  9. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

Jeff if you know any students eg in the family, im pretty sure they can get it for about £25 or thereabouts.....im pretty sure there was a load of info on it on Martins Moneysaving expert or Hot UK Deals...

10. Point_Audi

Point_Audi Vorsprung durch Technik VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Team Tornado Audi A5 Black Edition S-line owners group

As Nilz said if you know any students give them a shout!lol .. I got mine from here Microsoft Office 2010 Student Pro Plus: SAVE with 90% Off | Software4Students.co.uk :icon_thumright: The benefits of being a student!lol

11. jdp1962

Yup, you were spot on, SOP! My faithful old Office XP loaded srtaight on without a hitch. I've only loaded Word and Excel, as they're all I need.

Thank you to everyone else for their suggestions and offers of discounted deals. They were all much appreciated, even if, in the end, I didn't need them.