1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need HELP!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by imported_Rooney, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Right guys bear with me on this one! it will all make sense in the end!

OK, I need some help from fellow Audi-Sport.net members who are either based in the US or are making visits to the US in the very near future!

I have made a bet with a guy and a girl at work that i can get hold of some red "Dixie" cups for there new years eve party!

If you dont know what a red dixie cup is, its the cups your normally see in american teen movies or in american music videos, white on the inside and on the lip but red (or blue) on the outside! I want a couple of 16oz red packs!

Hers a pic incase you have no idea what im going on about!

[​IMG]

and another

[​IMG]

and one more

[​IMG]

Basically i need someone to find out how much it would cost to buy a couple of packs and have the air mailed over!? or if they could bring a couple of packs back then send them through royal mail!

Can anyone help this stupid member who opened his mouth far too quickly and will now suffer the wrath of having to jump into an outdoor swimming pool where no doubt it will be freezing and possibly frozen over!

Any advice is welcome!

Please dont say, "take a towel" cos im scared my pride, let alone my bear essentials will not recover!

Thanks

Cameron

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

As I live just down the road, I will ask some american friends however there a bit busy moving over to California from the East Coast at the moment so I'm not sure they'll have time so you best keep checking with others!

PS... I think we need to know who it is in the pic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator quattro Audi S3

Do you think they send them overseas? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dixie Cups

5. Already asked all major US suppliers and no one will send them over! :-(

Thats why this is my last resort!

If you can help "God Thats Quick" I would be very grateful!

If your only down the road i could send you the money and you can have the cups delivered to you?

If anyone else wants to lend a hand, dont be shy, come forward with your ideas!

6. neversaydie

neversaydie Post Whore

Just go to Asda and paint the outside of plain white cups red - at least you tried!

PS. Dont forget your rubber ducky
    PPS. Dont forget your Ice Pick
    PPPS. Towel?

7. Will use that as a last resort!

8. coke cups look the same just have coca cola plastered all over them :p

9. need to be plastic and original!but if all else fails i will have to use something like that!

10. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

Can u not get UPS/fedex to pick up a set from a US based suppier ? bit extream but it beats jumping in a cold outdoor pool?

Ps ure a woose we went jet sking on lock lomond last january (that was BLOODY COLD!) lol

11. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

brrrrr, done paragliding on Loch Lomond in the middle of summer and it was freezing!

12. You can call me what you want but when you were jet skiing were you naked and infront of your missus and 30 of her girly mates!

The word Embarassing comes to mind! or another word might be "acorn"

thought about the whole fedex ups thing but it would cost a fortune!

13. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User Audi A4 quattro

Can you not buy a US postal address from parcel2go, and get them shipped over then. Better than the alternative, bloody cold option,lol

14. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

Good luck, your going to need it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

15. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

[ QUOTE ]
    You can call me what you want but when you were jet skiing were you naked and infront of your missus and 30 of her girly mates!

The word Embarassing comes to mind! or another word might be "acorn"

thought about the whole fedex ups thing but it would cost a fortune!

[/ QUOTE ]

How much is ure PRIDE worth !
    ok another long shot but is there any US airbases near you???? they might have some you could buy? its not as daft as it sounds !

16. Thats is an idea but dont want to go there and pose the question to them, only to be shot by friendly fire! (joke!)

I have no idea where the nearest Air Base is! Getting past security could be an issue!