need help with vcds coding "tire circumference variant"

Reaction score
im trying to code out the tire circumfrance varient. it says "coding rejected. error 22: conditions not correct or request sequence error"

process for tire circumference adjustment"
17 instrument
7 long coding helper
byte 3
bit 0-2
tire circumference varient

stock for me is "03 tire circumference varient 4"

this coding helps with speedometer adjustments when going larger or smaller diameter rims. without this, when you change out the rims or even when you get the car from the factory it could be little off, this will help get you back to where you need to be on your speedo.

thanks for the reply.

do you know what i need to do to get the system work?
what are the prerequisite steps?

thanks for the reply.

do you know what i need to do to get the system work?
what are the prerequisite steps?
To be honest no as I have never had a need to complete the procedure. In fact I don't remember seeing a guided procedure for this. Will check tomorrow.

oh. i actually have been looking for this for a while. i saw a video on youtube and saw him do it on a vw mk6.
so i know it works for someone and the title is similar to this car.

oh. i actually have been looking for this for a while. i saw a video on youtube and saw him do it on a vw mk6.
so i know it works for someone and the title is similar to this car.

Thats interesting. Am gonna look in to this tomorrow with a PFL S3 which I have coming over but keep in mind that this might not be possible via VCDS due to the "conditions" needed. MQB and MLBevo cars are very different to the platforms that preceded them and many procedures are no longer possible, in fact some procedures can only be half completed via VCDS... DSG / S-Tronic calibration being an example.

cool i hope you will be able to solve this for the pre facelift s3 2015 sedan

Reactions: ivelliosy
cool i hope you will be able to solve this for the pre facelift s3 2015 sedan
Hi there. Resurrecting the old topic after 4 years but, have you succeeded to change the coding for wheel variant in cluster?

nope. there is a way. dont give up. but for now i have not seen a way to do it at home.

Reactions: ivelliosy
nope. there is a way. dont give up. but for now i have not seen a way to do it at home.
Thanks! Such a mysterious answer, it looks like i need to visit sacred temple in india :)) appreciate if you gimme a hand on this.